Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Aftermarket, Detroit Auto Show, Sedan, Performance, Dodge

We have to hand it to Dodge for injecting an extra dose of octane-induced excitement into otherwise staid segments. Take the Charger, for example, that manages to give the full-size family sedan a muscle-car attitude. The new Dart promises to apply a similar formula to a smaller class, but while Dodge was busy lifting the veil on that Focus-sized sedan, Mopar was showcasing the modified Charger you see here.

The Charger Redline is actually made up of three kits: Stage One packs a full aero kit and 20-inch wheels; Stage Two gets a cat-back exhaust, suspension brace across the engine bay and upgraded brake linings; and Stage Three, which unfortunately isn't street legal, brings a 590-horsepower 426 Hemi V8 crate engine that's both lighter and a lot more powerful than stock.

The visual result certainly turns some heads, but whether those heads will like what they see once they've turned is a matter of taste. Check out our shots from the show floor and see for yourself - just watch your head on the demonstration-purpose jacked-up hood.Continue reading Dodge Charger Redline pops its top with Mopar juice

Dodge Charger Redline pops its top with Mopar juice originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:37:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
why isn't the 'stage 3' package street legal? because the hood's 3' above the engine maybe?

they need to focus on making the base model better instead of trying to offer useless optional upgrades

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
maybe its the optional front wing/hood track option. This way you can get extra downforce from the hood when its in full upright bling mode...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
lol
maybe its the optional front wing/hood track option. This way you can get extra downforce from the hood when its in full upright bling mode...

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I bet those door scoopes help a lot.:liar:

I wish this car had never come out honestly I dislike it that much. That interior is copied straight from an audi, and the stock exterior looks like an X. Its a big bucket of rice and ugly. Few cars do I hate this much....

And not to mention the wheels look like anchors, this definitely is meant to be a boat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts