Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Dodge Dart... NASTY

4K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Billett 
#1 ·
#2 ·
wow that look ugly...what were they thinking, i rather just drive the neon srt4

#3 ·
Too many engine and transmission choices...

#5 ·
#9 ·
Chrysler is the D student of the auto industry.

#12 ·
if you try thinking of it as a dodge, it's horrible. If you think of it as an Alfa rebranded as a dodge, then it makes more sense. Buy Alfa's going to be selling cars in the US again. Why not just badge it as an Alfa? That way, at least it has the 'italian styling' thing going for it.

Mitsu wouldn't be in the US and the evo wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Chrysler ;) See this post to see what I'm talking about:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=987906&postcount=27

#10 ·
This is a poor excuse for the new Dart!!! Holy hell! Am I the only one that thought it was going to be a new version to the original?

#19 ·
One word - Ugly.

#21 · (Edited)
im head over heels in love with my lesbaru!

the evo was fun at the track, but an unpractical sausage magnet in every other aspect. even at the track it leaves me wanting much more. was a good option during my time of ownership, but i've moved on

i'm not into off-roading now, i just like this pic from an ORV park
and yes, the outback is hideous in stock form, cant argue that, will look even better when my blacked out headlights get here and i get rpf1s

power is a crutch! 30+mpg, super comfy, ultra reliable, perfect for 99% of my needs, $25k total

#22 ·
im head over heels in love with my lesbaru!
...and there goes the attention whore posting about himself in a thread that is anything but about him.

Tigershark MultiAir engine. WTF who comes up with names like that?
It's Italian and named after the F-20 Tigershark. ;)

#26 · (Edited)
hate on chrysler/jeep/dodge all you want, but if you're looking at their road cars, you're doing it wrong. srt4, charger, challenger, caliber (actually ran a mitsubishi engine), this alfa stuff.... all far from the top of their classes. yea they all suck

consider what they do well. the trucks and all the jeeps are beasts. if chrysler were smart, they'd embrace this, improve their muscle cars as dodge, and try moving everything else to alfa or chryster.

here's what they're still the best at

#32 ·
So how does this sound then?? This looks to have some promise. Not a fan of yellow. But I imagine it all blacked out and with 300hp should be something to watch.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1201_2014_dodge_dart_srt4/

January 31, 2012
By Mike Connor
Illustrator: Scott Olsen

|

Although the Dart has just been released to great acclaim, you know Ralph Gilles and his SRT team are already honing a fine tip on the SRT4 performance variant. Here's what you can expect:
The base Dart borrows heavily from the Alfa Romeo Giulietta platform, so expect an upgraded version of the Giulietta Cloverleaf's dual-clutch, six-speed transmission to find its way into the Dart SRT4. The Cloverleaf's 1.7-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder probably won't come with it, as it makes only 230 hp. The Dart SRT4 needs to aim higher, since by summer, Ford's Focus ST will hit the streets with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder making at least 247 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque.

The last-generation Caliber SRT4 made 285 hp and 265 lb-ft from a turbo 2.4-liter, so for the return of the SRT4, expect no less. The all-aluminum, direct-injection, 300-hp four-cylinder engine that should arrive in the long-awaited Alfa Romeo 4C could be a perfect, though expensive, fit. A turbocharged and intercooled larger displacement version of the Dart's Tigershark 2.0-liter might be a better option.

On the chassis and aerodynamics side, expect SRT engineers to apply the same race logic they have across the Chrysler/Dodge line. The Dart SRT4 will have all manner of functional scoops and vents, an aggressive rear deck spoiler, and vertigo-inducing handling, thanks to stiffer springs and dampers, larger wheels, and upgraded rubber. Price? With a turbo Tigershark, figure close to Focus ST pricing; at 300 hp, it should price well north of that, but just below the AWD VW Golf R and Subaru WRX STI at just over $30,000.
"I'm pretty impressed. It looks like it has quite a bit of content. From a large -- over 8-inch -- display in the center console and additional displays in the gauge cluster. I'm always looking first and foremost for proportion. This car has a nice compact quality to it with wheels pushed to the corners. It has a really nice stance. They've done a pretty nice job with this car." - Derek Jenkins, Mazda's chief of design, when asked what he thought about the new Dodge Dart.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1201_2014_dodge_dart_srt4/#ixzz1ndl8IM8m

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.