Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched, and with no luck. So I am wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket door speaker solution. The stock speakers appear to to have a triangle behind them and the speakers attach with a three prong twist and lock. I am trying to mount some boston z6 components and the only thing I hav come up with so far is either mounting them externally on the door panel or using a piece of wood as an adapter and screwing that into the sheetmetal on the door. Any Expierience would be appreciated.:wtfsign:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Order them off Crutchfield
I'm not 100% on the part number, but if you call their 1800# I'm sure they will find you the right part. I hope this helps. You get them for free if you order speakers from them.
Item #12071035 speaker plug harness

Item #142SGMQ656 speaker bracket

·
aka TJs98GT
589 Posts
good to see they make those adapters. ill prob need new speakers sooner than later with the new amp i installed

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The space for the door speakers is very shallow because of the triangle shaped hole in the door. You can use 1 inch spacers for the speakers on the door to allow for the larger baskets on aftermarket speakers. It will require drilling. Too bad it isn't bolt in like the old Evo 8/9.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The space for the door speakers is very shallow because of the triangle shaped hole in the door. You can use 1 inch spacers for the speakers on the door to allow for the larger baskets on aftermarket speakers. It will require drilling. Too bad it isn't bolt in like the old Evo 8/9.
Or you can just gut the factory speakers and use them, to me was easier and faster since I had them out took a few more minutes and had my own rings, you could also use 3/4 mdf and make rings, there is a few options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.