Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i play my stock sound system around 36 on the SSS package. the door plastic seems to rattle anyone eles have this issue? any way of fixing it the dealer already tired to fix it but no go...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe it or not its not loud at all...the door just has this vibrations that is really ticking my off lol. idk how to stop it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
36 on the SSS package?? god damn you must be deaf. with the windows up, I use a max of like 22. ALL the windows down on the highway is like 28-29 haha.

as for stopping the vibration though, you're going to have to take the panels off the door and either dynomat it / equivalent or use felt pads between the plastic.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Get solid motor mounts, you won't notice music rattles.

36 on the SSS package?? god damn you must be deaf. with the windows up, I use a max of like 22. ALL the windows down on the highway is like 28-29 haha.
I AX with mine on around 36-38... Of course I still cannot hear it over the engine noise!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so im guessing im not the only one with the vibration lol the dealer did take a look at it but they took it off and put the panel back on with no luck. when i hold the door panel the tick/noise stops....and at aroound 33-36 its not that loud lol... depending on what song haha

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
boost your equalizer settings a little bit, I have bass: 3, mid: 4, treble: 5. sub punch I vary by song (2-5). also, try turning off the auto volume leveling ALC thing. maybe then you can run less volume lol.

·
not stupid
207 Posts
I have the same issue, there's a rattling sound coming from the A pillar, sounds like loose wiring banging against metal, but to me it happens all the time and yes 36 on stock sound system is loud. i keep mine at 30 and i think is loud, just inside the car, from outside you can barely notice it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
so im guessing im not the only one with the vibration lol the dealer did take a look at it but they took it off and put the panel back on with no luck. when i hold the door panel the tick/noise stops....and at aroound 33-36 its not that loud lol... depending on what song haha
I had the same issue and found a "temp" fix (been there since like a year).

Basically it's the thin bars connected to the door handle and lock that rattles.

You need to remove the door panel, the plastic protection, and put some soft absorbing foam behind the two thin bars and the noise will go away.

I used like the kind of foam used in some wraps. Worked like a charm, but not the most elegant. ;)

Hope that helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same rattle in my driver door. The outside driver door handle rattled against the inner part where it closes against (the part closest to the front of the car). I put a piece of felt tape in there and it stopped it.

To check if this is your problem, turn the stereo up with the driver door opened and open the outside handle, if it stops, that's the issue. I popped open the inner door panel to get to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts