Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
As I'm finishing out the big parts of my build.. I'm thinking all these little mods are going to add up.

My favorite "little" mod so far is the base bushings for the shifter.. improved the feel of the car SIGNIFICANTLY. I wonder if it's worth doing the other bushings to reduce the slop of the drivetrain

I did Kracka's shifter package, the beatrush rear diff spacers and the TS solid rear diff mount. The drivetrain feels really solid and direct.
My biggest suprise was the TS diff mount, I thought it was going to make the rear real noisy but it didn't and it defenetly got rid of the rear diff slop and clunk. I think if you do all the rear diff mounts it would be noisy though.

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I swaped the solid mounts for the OEM rubber/metal mounts and the noise it's 90% gone, so it's not 100% stock like quiet but damn near close. It just has a tiny bit of decel noise but if you have a loud exhaust I bet you couldn't tell the difference at all.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
^^ ... LOL! u just made me laugh its not just weight reduction... its rotating Mass reduction which is way better
Ddawg had it right, there's a big difference between rotating mass reduction of a very low diameter item and something like wheels. On the dyno, a lightened driveshaft has shown no difference (or perhaps the difference is so small it can't be measured), it really just shows a difference when rolling from a stop to the driver. Which makes cars like this one much more DD friendly, as I feel like AWD is the biggest hindrance.

· Registered
626 Posts
Groupbuy would be cool.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts