Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Did the actual shaft break? I had mine break at the front yoke, which was 2 piece pre-installed by DSS (300 torque). DSS was pretty easy to work with on replacing mine under warranty but the new shaft I received has a 1 piece front yoke. Just curios on how yours broke and which front yoke type you have. I mostly AutoX my X but do use LC frequently. I agree, car feels better with CF driveshaft but it's not a mod for everyone.
Yes the actual carbon shaft broke in between the Tcase and the center DS joint.

· Registered
4 Posts
Z madnedd, we are sorry you did have an issue with your shaft, just so the rest of the forum understands this correctly. The carbon shaft did not fail, we use a 2 piece front yoke that the trans input bolts to a 4 bolt flange, the 4 bolts came loose and broke the bolts. Were not sure how this happened as we have used this for 5 years with out any issue. What was nice is when he sent it back for the FREE Warranty repair we has switched to a single design we had been working on (all are this way now). Again Were sorry you had an issue.

Frank

· Registered
660 Posts
Z madnedd, we are sorry you did have an issue with your shaft, just so the rest of the forum understands this correctly. The carbon shaft did not fail, we use a 2 piece front yoke that the trans input bolts to a 4 bolt flange, the 4 bolts came loose and broke the bolts. Were not sure how this happened as we have used this for 5 years with out any issue. What was nice is when he sent it back for the FREE Warranty repair we has switched to a single design we had been working on (all are this way now). Again Were sorry you had an issue.

Frank
If you back your product like that, I would buy one. Damn good customer service

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

Frank

Frank, is the single piece yoke lighter then the 2 piece and if so, by how much?

· Registered
5,920 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts

Frank
Frank, I hope you didn't take my post wrong. I was very satisfied with your replacement of my shaft (and for FREE, except my cost for shipping the shaft back to you) without major hassles. I am enjoying mine and glad I made the purchase! Of course the breakage wasn't fun but having you guys take care of the fix was great! I was mostly just asking if he had the same issue or actual shaft breakage, and if he had the one piece yoke.

And yes, the CF shaft itself didn't break. I am planning to up the tq. But don't think I will be anywhere near CF breaking type of levels.

Thank you!

· Registered
1,288 Posts
No i dident at all, when some one has an issue i like to see it posted. it helps us to be better at what we do, i just dident want anyone to mis-interpet what was being said. the tube on that shaft is capable of allot more then we list it at.
Can you elaborate a bit more on a blacke problem? I wish it was that easy for me to send back if it would fail, but few customs and cross pacific flight is not that cheap. Thanks.

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Yes the actual carbon shaft broke in between the Tcase and the center DS joint.
Well, blacke states that actual shaft was broken. Its another problem.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Sub'd.

· Registered
1,288 Posts
It would be nice if someone came out with a 1 pc carbon driveshaft.
There is one on the market. Search this forum - it was mentioned recently. Keyword pstds

· Registered
2017 Audi RS3 Stage 2 Unitronic Tune 93 Octane
1,972 Posts
I used DriveshaftShop's carbon fiber driveshaft, which felt great but broke at 397whp/500N⋅m.
Wow, I would imagine there was a defect in manufacturing. Clearly it was designed to hold more power. Sorry about your luck, did they send you a new one?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts