Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to grab a couple opinions on this one....

I have a built evo x (everything but sleeves) with a big turbo and a pro tune. Next week I'm switching out the fuel pump and injectors from:
deatschwerks dw65c and id1000 injectors

to:
aem 320 fuel pump and id1050x injectors

I'm fortunate enough to only live about 2 hours from English Tuning, so I have an appointment the week after that to switch from Cobb to open source and get a re-tune done for the new pump and injectors.

And now my dilemma. It's not a huge change, hardware wise, from the old fuel pump and injectors to the new fuel pump and injectors. Fuel pump goes from 265 lph to 320 lph, and the injectors go from 1000cc's to 1050cc's. I don't have a trailer or way of hauling it there.

Assuming I'm super light on it, everything should be fine right? Would you do the same, or have it towed? Might run a bit rich for a couple of hours?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Pump will be fine. Just have them switch out the injectors when you get there, or do it in the parking lot, if they let you.

Don't drop the rail spacers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pump will be fine. Just have them switch out the injectors when you get there, or do it in the parking lot, if they let you.

Don't drop the rail spacers

welppp, the thing about the injectors is that 2 of them are bad so 2 of the 4 plugs aren't getting enough fuel (this is why i'm doing the replacements)

it is drivable in its current form but runs rough if you go WOT

·
Registered
130 Posts
ID1000:
1015cc/min @ 3.0 Bar (43.5 psi)
ID1050X
1065cc/min @ 3.0 Bar (43.5 psi)

So you'll be getting 5% more fuel if you swap them without a tune.
I would hazard a guess that it will still run and the ECU might even be able to mostly compensate with fuel trim.
Otherwise, I would suggest that you just rescale the fuel maps 5% and drive gently to get your tune, get a remote tuner to do it, or see if you can get English to just rescale the Cobb tune if you're not up to it.

Slightly OT but, what fuel filter do you have? Modern injectors are super sensitive to foreign objects and could be why 2 aren't fueling properly. I'd hate to see you replace them, re-tune, and then have issues or blow your motor shortly after!

There are a lot of aftermarket 40 micron filters that are high flow but intended for carburetors. You should be running a 10 micron filter pre-injector in your setup.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Just so you are aware, the AEM 320 pump is not very reliable. If you are switching pumps, I would recommend the Walbro 450 spliced into the stock wiring. It will give you more head room, wont heat up the fuel as much, and is more reliable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts