Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an hid kit for my 08 gsr from hidnation which I read after the fact is a shady low quality company. Anyway, I got the relay harness which was suppose to bypass the drl which it did, but when ever my drl would have been activated I could not turn the hid lights on and off. For example when I start my car up and the e-brake is engaged I can turn the lights on and off. As soon as I drop the e-brake I can't turn the lights on. Then if I turn the car off I'd be able to turn the lights on again. I triple checked all the connections and they were correct. This is when I read the reviews of hidnation and how half the time there products don't work at all. So I drive around for a week and then suddenly the lights won't turn on at all. I realize they sucked and removed everything including the relay harness. I put back the stock lights and now the drl and low beams still won't work. I checked the fuses already and they are good. Anyone have any ideas before I take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
E-brake when you first start the car doesn't let the headlights come on....drl not activated. drop the ebrake and drl activates.....doesn't deactivate though when the ebrake is pulled. You have to turn the car off and back on.

Sounds like you bought a shady kit as stated. Hit up JRox on here to get the legit one. I bought my HID kit from DDMtuning and couldn't be happier. Good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I switched some relays around to see if that was the problem but the lights still didn't work. I don't think anything is disconnected cause after removing the aftermarket parts all I need to do is put the halogen bulbs back in the sockets and twist them into the housings.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Daytime Running Lights were the issue. Once you release the e-brake, the DRL signal is active. Because you did not have a DRL Bypass, the DRL signal was causing your HID's to flicker and/or short out. This will eventually destroy your HID Ballast & Bulbs.

I assume you purchased a Standard 9006 Relay Harness. This alone will NOT eliminate the DRL's. In short, I basically provide a 'modded' 9006 Relay Harness which is why they look similar. However, mine is specifically designed to bypass the DRL's.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why your DRL/Low Beams are not working even with the Stock Bulbs as you've already checked the fuses.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did you ever figure out the problem?

I just swapped my DRL bulbs for 45 LED bulbs. When i first installed I did it with the ebrake on. Turned off the car, put the brake down, put her in 1st and held the pedal, turned on and still nothing.

Removed and isntalled the stock bulbs and same problem. I've swapped the DRl relay and fuse which both look fine with others and still nothing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The 45 led bulbs are one direction polarity which doesn't work on the X. Superbright sent me the 18 led one and they worked perfect. Look pretty mean actually during sunset before flipping on the HIDs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.