Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Whats the point? Higher flow == more dust. Seems like a no brainer to me. You dont really have to worry about it to be honest. The air gets ignited, and all that crap passes through.

·
Registered
982 Posts
:hijacked:

LOL yup. They're always harping on the fat americans, too funny. My fav "guest" stig has to be African stig though. Doing the rally cross with the benz, lanci and "oliver". When the benz catches on fire at the staring line he just up and walks off like "yea, f you b*tchs, i'm going home :mad:"

Ok, back on topic:

DVDee posted a link to this in the perf section:
http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Seems like you don't really need to sacrifice clean air for power (apexi). I'm wondering if the Apexi and the AEM cone filter that sells on speedcircuit.com are similar?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1^. Reason I posted this test was to show people that filters DO LET SHIT in and it's not as pretty as they might believe. Also the comparison between the Amsoil and K&N was interesting as I've heard tons of owners swear there Amsoil drop in is better than any filter on the planet

·
Registered
949 Posts
I guess what you need to determine is how those people determine what is better. If the goal is to flow as much air as possible, and the air flowed by the Amsoil is better then the K&N, then it is better. If you focus is on amount of particles that get through, then maybe its not your best choice. I mean really, we are splitting hairs here. I will take air flow way over particles. The only thing you need to worry about is the big stuff that can damage components. All that dirt will burn, or get expelled, in the process anyway. Now if that stuff was passing through your injectors, that would be a different story ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I guess what you need to determine is how those people determine what is better. If the goal is to flow as much air as possible, and the air flowed by the Amsoil is better then the K&N, then it is better. If you focus is on amount of particles that get through, then maybe its not your best choice. I mean really, we are splitting hairs here. I will take air flow way over particles. The only thing you need to worry about is the big stuff that can damage components. All that dirt will burn, or get expelled, in the process anyway. Now if that stuff was passing through your injectors, that would be a different story ;)

:amen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.