Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Dunlop DZ102 or Bridgestone RE760 Sport

8K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Tayhan 
#1 ·
So im in bad need of new tires and after a good amount of research, from archived threads and some fairly current threads, i believe i've narrowed them down to 2 tires:

Dunlop Direzza DZ102's (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oYear=2015&autoModClar=GSR&vehicleSearch=true)

and

Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport's. (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oYear=2015&autoModClar=GSR&vehicleSearch=true)

I have a desire to track it one day but my X is primarily used as a DD. I enjoy the random spirited driving and hard turn ins but im just your average guy driving to and from work everyday with an occasional "long distance" trip to long island; so I would prefer tread-wear over performance (sad to say but).

For the next year i will be using these tires on the stock GSR wheels but hopefully next year i will be upgrading to 18x9 Fifteen52 Turbomacs so im trying to factor that into the size of tires. I'm looking at 245-255-265 width and a height of 35 (if available) but i wasnt sure how the wider tires would fare on the stock wheels. Also i wont be adding springs till next year so ride height will remain stock.

im attaching the tirerack performance ratings from their website for both tires for the hell of it (Direzza is first)

any guidance is greatly appreciated so let me know what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had two sets of re760's on my car, I love them. They handle good, drive well in the rain and are quiet. If your car is a DD, I would say go with re760's. My second set I ran 255's and they rub in the front on full lock.

#3 · (Edited)
did you do anything to manage the rubbing? did you have 245/35's on it the first time?

#9 ·
is 255/35 an issue with the speed variance as well or just the 245/35 combo?

#11 ·
Good bye fender liner with a 255/40 with meaty treads

#13 ·
even on stock wheels and suspension?

I have the DZ102, I think they are great at cornering since there's stiffe Corning since they have a stiffer tire wall then the Handcock V12's that I can off of. It feels like they do better in wet conditions them a V12's did, but the V12's felt like they gripped better on a Straight away. I would try the Brigdgstone and see how they do.
what size are your DZ102's?

#12 ·
I have the DZ102, I think they are great at cornering since there's stiffe Corning since they have a stiffer tire wall then the Handcock V12's that I can off of. It feels like they do better in wet conditions them a V12's did, but the V12's felt like they gripped better on a Straight away. I would try the Brigdgstone and see how they do.

#14 ·
ive recently read that a few X owners have used 265/35 on the stock GSR wheel. If i was to go that path would the wheel gap look ridiculous on stock suspension?

#15 ·
245/40 I am on on stock wheels and suspension

what size are your DZ102's?[/QUOTE]

#16 ·
I was on stock height and wheels with the 255/40 and had rubbing. Sorry to be chiming in late!

#17 ·
no worries i think you mentioned earlier that you had some rubbing after you widened your tires...i might just stick to the OEM size since im not doing any tracking or anything like that. If i start hitting the track and realize i need bigger tires, then ill get them when the time comes. For now i think ill save my fenders and a few dollars sticking with OEM.

The Re760's are looking real nice to me right about now. Any more info you can share on them? did you rotate them at a certain time or wish you rotated them sooner?

#18 ·
Look into Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Tread wear rated at 300, great traction, handling and quiet for DD.

#21 ·
I had 255/40/18 with the RE760's and they rarely rubbed... but then again my car isn't as low as others

I had the Dunlops in 265/35/18's that came with my work wheels when i got them and ZERO rubbing but they were noisy

#22 ·
I had 255/40/18 with the RE760's and they rarely rubbed... but then again my car isn't as low as others

I had the Dunlops in 265/35/18's that came with my work wheels when i got them and ZERO rubbing but they were noisy

#24 · (Edited)
I am on my second set of RE760 sports ! Good tires last long .. I drive 50 miles a day for work . I went with stock tire size but I am on H&R springs and have no issues .
I think I got 35k miles of of a set .. My alignment was really good zero toe front / rear
Stock camber front and I think I was at -1.2 in the rear .
They wore great . i think I could have gone 5k more miles on that set but I got a huge nail in one tire .. And it was not fixable .. So I got another set .
Hope that helps ya ..

#26 ·
Been away from the forums for some time now but i ended up going with the 760s. So far i love um. I have yet to track the car so its just Daily driving and a bit of spirited turns here and there but these tires feel great on the road.

Thanks everyone for help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.