Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and gone through a million posts, dead links, and various forums, but can't find the files needed. the various linked fileshare sites don't seem to have the files to burn to CD-R anymore.

FWIW, i won't be watching movies while driving, i want it to make my music DVD's act normal.

i was told to PM Otaku on evom.net, but according to another forum, he has been missing-in-action for over a year, not returning e-mails, PM's, etc.

does ANYBODY have the file for the update they could send me?
(LOADER: BLD-NR-261UM 1.09, APPLICATION: 00.30.97 is my version)

any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I have two DVD-In_Motion hack files:
nr261um.00003099.nodvd.rar
nr261em.00004011.nodvd.rar

They each contain one .ISO file in the ~25MB range. I have no idea what version of NAV software they work with. The .rar files are approx 13MB in size, which is probably too large to send via email. If you have a website or ftp site I can upload to, I can send them to you.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
To the OP: I have one music DVD and it still plays the music tracks but not video (stock). As far as movie DVDs, it just blanks video, iirc, the sound still plays.

Also note that any/all NAV upgrades will need a new, version-specific hack. So if you're having trouble contacting the original author, I wouldn't plan on any future support.

Be sure to make an image copy of your NAV disk before modding it. If you damage the image (programs and/or boot code on it) then there is no recovery mode - no easy way to reload the original image using the MMCS.

( FYI: I have several ikages of complete MMCS disks and have the ability to unlock and rewrite the disk. There is some cost involved though along with shipping your original disk to me..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two DVD-In_Motion hack files:
nr261um.00003099.nodvd.rar
nr261em.00004011.nodvd.rar

They each contain one .ISO file in the ~25MB range. I have no idea what version of NAV software they work with. The .rar files are approx 13MB in size, which is probably too large to send via email. If you have a website or ftp site I can upload to, I can send them to you.

would the 30.99 file work with my 30.97 version?

if so, could you use Mediafire, or another free file upload site i could download them from?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread makes me feel really old. I may as well be reading this in CHINESE. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

LEMME SHOUT INTO YOUR EAR HORN, OLD FELLER ......

a smart guy made a file that when burned onto a blank CD and inserted into the MMCS navigation unit, would "hack" the software and allow DVD playback while the car was in motion. now, certain software versions were able to be hacked, but newer ones weren't.

after more searching and wading through this 110 page thread,
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/dvd-motion-patch-nr261um-27471/page90/

i found this link (page 90, post #900)
http://www.takingthingsapart.org/files/nr261um.00003099.nodvd.rar

which actually will allow you to download the file. every other download link i've seen is busted.

now, i have version 30.97 and this is for 30.99, but supposedly it will work, and it did update successfully for me. i did it in the garage, and i guess i'll see how it works tomorrow when i take the car out. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Will this work for earlier versions? I have 30.94 and the links I found in the many threads on this topic did not work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will this work for earlier versions? I have 30.94 and the links I found in the many threads on this topic did not work.

i dunno - you can try looking through that long-ass thread i linked. i'm surprised more people don't have the files available.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Worked great - I burned a music DVD with Roxio, and the album art and song info show up on the screen, and doesn't go away when I'm moving.

The file I linked a few posts ago will work for version 30.97, 30.99 and ????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts