Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or using the new direct replacement fuel pump from dw? It is a direct fit without any fitting kit? It sounds like its the way to go...Danny

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I'd suggest the Areomotive 340. It's a direct drop in and a better pump IMO.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
dw300 here :) and no issues... I havent heard anything bad from the aeromotive fuel pump.

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
I was not aware of a "New" Aeromotive Stealth 340 direct drop in pump either. The DW65C is a direct drop in as is, no modification to the sending unit required pump. It is not designed to flow as much as a DW300 or Walbro 400 or Aeromotive 340. What it IS designed to do is drop in directly and provide substantially more flow than the OEM pump. For those looking to make modest power over stock and needing more fuel, this is a good, cost effective solution that wont require any additional parts to install.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Does the Aeromotive 340 drop right in or require additional parts? Wondering if the 265 will be enough for current and future plans (red/black) or if it won't provide enough flow.
No, the 340 will not just drop in. The 265 should be good for about 500whp on pump gas or race gas.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Manchi, let us know your thoughts once installed.. what power/mods you at or chasing?
Sure. I will take some pictures. I'm just aiming for a little over 400whp. Nothing major.

BTW, my fuel pump failed and my brother was able to find me an used (1000miles) GTR fuel pump. It can direct fit into EVO X with a little mod. Just the connector part.

·
Registered
571 Posts
From what I understand also is that the DW300, Walbro 400 and Aeromotive 340 may require some rewiring due to factory gauge wire being to thin. Also, kind of seeing how this DW265 works out. If not, I'll just go to the true and trusted 255 with the Cobb kit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
No, the 340 will not just drop in. The 265 should be good for about 500whp on pump gas or race gas.
Thanks for clearing that up Dan. for the price of the dw 65 hits the spot since you don't have to worry about the pump holder, and the inline fuel filter. hopefully it is works without fail and the amp draw is low under pressure so you dont need rewiring.

i am down to see the the verdict manchi.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts