Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had my car for 12 weeks now and decided to put her on the dyno today.
The cars a FQ330 SST with a race akrapovic exhaust and HKS filter.
my question is how do i calculate the transmission loss?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
You don't. That'd be like trying to calculate the losses from just the left front tire without also including all the other tires.

You would also need to add losses for both differentials, driveshaft joints, and other assorted stuff. And there's no benefit tyo doing this unless you're trying to compare numbers with another vehicle that would only be valid if run on the same day on the same dyno.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d say the dyno operator has already done the typical UK thing and guesstimated that figure for you

Your graph shows two traces - one with a peak of around 290whp, which would be right for something making 350 or so at the engine. The second line above it looks awfully like your power curve with a multiplier added to it. The one below is torque which is simply derived from the power/rpm

The 400hp I would say is him adding “35%” or whatever figure he decides to use as your “driveline loss”

If that was really the case then your gearbox would be white hot from trying to get rid of 100hp worth of heat...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts