1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
It will do damage to everything, not just your ACD lol

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
Nope. Hand break has a switch and when you pull it, disconnects the rear drivetrain to prevent damage and for the easier lock.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you don't throttle while e-braking, I don't see an issue...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Buy a 240 .. They are drift machines

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
^ It's a great way to point the noise in the right direction in a slide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
u guys who pull your e-brake while moving have u ever popped CEL s? The reason I ask is that I got 2 different powertrain codes when doing(slow 1st or 2nd gear)e-brake slides on snow. Code p2809 whenever sliding in neutral. Code p2733 bout 50% of the time when sliding in drive. No throttle applied while e-brake applied. SST went into limp mode each time. The codes are for stuck valves in the SST. Mechanic tells me that pulling the e-brake locks the wheels which the awc pump is trying to turn thus causing pressure spikes in the system. What do u guys think?

p.s. I drive an 09 ralliart dealer had just changed awc pump and I wanted to test the system out. ASC was left on throughout testing

·
Registered
658 Posts
Pulling the hand-brake instantly opens the ACD, at least on a GSR. If the MR doesn't open the ACD when you pull the hand-brake, you'll definitely have issues. I would hope that the SST was "smart" enough to also open both clutches, but that might be asking too much.

My point is this: assuming that pulling the hand-brake on an MR also opens the center, what the mechanic was saying about the ACD/AYC pump cannot be correct. However, if the SST is smart enough to open both (transmission) clutches when the hand-brake is pulled, then that might cause some issues, given that usually one of the clutches is engaged.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts