Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past one of the only ways of getting E85 was from a distributor like alcotane, now finally a service station (just one :() sells E85 at the pump!!!!

Its available @ Melville gull .. Hamilton.. sigh... cant wait till some more Gull service stations pick it up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Then you got to watch theblend.. tthe quality of pump E85 is VERY unrelaible for tuned cars over here.. We go to a control fuel specailist and get a motor sport blend in jerry cans for saftey :).. but it's a step

5,198 Posts
Then you got to watch theblend.. tthe quality of pump E85 is VERY unrelaible for tuned cars over here.. We go to a control fuel specailist and get a motor sport blend in jerry cans for saftey :).. but it's a step
It depends on location for sure.

Here in Northern California, the E85 blend is spot on E82-E85 all year round.

I've been using it for over 2 years now 24/7 in two cars.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10-4 on that, will be interesting if it takes off, one would hope that the more gas stations pick this up the better the blend will be.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
This is finally starting to get rolled out fairly well in Victoria, AU.
made the switch last week. Impressed!
fortunately i have a servo 5mins from my house now :):)

We have two "brands" at the pump. one mob, Caltex, is usually E70. the other mob, United, consistently is E85 it sounds like.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Aussie ethanol is definitely sugar based.
I would assume NZ gets their stuff from us?

We have a massive sugar cane industry in north eastern Australia , and the leftovers once the sugar is extracted (molasses i think) is what they use for ethanol production.
Quite different to corn being used as the primary product that can either go into a digestive system, or into a fuel tank :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
^^ are you guys losing your subsidy on ethanol soon? i remember reading that somewhere.
Our E85 is nearing the price for our 91 pisstane (which is like 87 on your scale).
They pretty much rolled it out, and jacked up the price by 20%.

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
I am salivating over here for a comparo between cane ethanol vs corn ethanol using a boosted control for test subject. I hear so much about how cane is such a better product but have no proof on a f/i vehicle.:nerd:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
really?
i would have thought ethanol is ethanol. and I'll bet the other 15% you guys mix in with it is better than what we use anyways.

do you have any links/info re: corn Vs sugar by any chance? very interested in this..

5,198 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts