Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some electric cars r slow, but with the help of new technology like frequancy drives and Li-ion batteries they r faster and more efficient then gas, diesel or hybrid cars
p.s. Tesla roadster goes 0-60 in les then 4 sec, top speed 130+mph and gets 200 plus miles to a charge and it take less then $3.00 to charge the batteries, one thing I hate is the price.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Well, they're eventually aiming to come down to the $50-$60K range...which means in 10 years we may be talking about modifying batteries and voltage, not cams and turbochargers.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, they're eventually aiming to come down to the $50-$60K range...which means in 10 years we may be talking about modifying batteries and voltage, not cams and turbochargers.

LOL I need more power You need to solder that Capacitor to the.....

then you'll have to add an inductor to the....

then your going to fit a low volt high amp transformer to the ...

Oh god what in the world are we going to do...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a large group of amp heads already out there doing this, and they have their own drag racing association in the US. They are also on tv once in awhile. As it becomes more mainstream and battery technology advances you will see more commerical electric car efforts seeing the light of day.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
There is a large group of amp heads already out there doing this, and they have their own drag racing association in the US. They are also on tv once in awhile. As it becomes more mainstream and battery technology advances you will see more commerical electric car efforts seeing the light of day.
I've seen and read about them guys. Gives Electrical Engineers like me some crazy ideas for stuff.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Speaking of electric cars, I saw an eBox electric today driving over the Burrard bridge onto Pacific Boulevard. It is an electric conversion of the Scion xB.
http://www.acpropulsion.com/ebox/

At a cost of US$55K above the price of the xB that is an expensive environmental statement to make. If you want a working and reliable electric vehicle I'd pick up a Chevy S10 electric conversion. Much lower technology with DC motor and lead acid batteries, but it works!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.