Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first off let me say i am a noob and i followed http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22140 to do this. I downloaded ecuflash and when i went to read the ecu it asked what car it was on. Their was not an option for evolution X. Their was only option for a Mitsubishi car 2006 + so i clicked on that. Well it started to read it and instantly the fan kicked on and it said the car was over heated. I did not drive the car today at all and once it finished reading the ecu it said it could not recognize ROM. What did i do? I clicked on the READ THE ECU button so it shouldn't have deleted the rom off of it right? Why was there not an option for a evolution X? I download ECUFlash today from the Tactrix website. Do you think it is not the newest version? I really want to enable Mode 23 it does not seem hard to do but i have never done anything like this before to a car.

Help me out please:(

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Relax. Deep breaths ;)

First of all, nothing is wrong with the car. You just don't have the correct definitions for your car. What model and year?

Also, for read you did it correctly by selecting 2006+ CAN Mitsubishi. That's what our car is. You just need the definitions now.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
The car always makes the fan turn on and act all weird when you read or write the ROM.

Save that ROM and email it to me, or just tell me what year and model is your car and I can send you definitions.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Relax. Deep breaths ;)

First of all, nothing is wrong with the car. You just don't have the correct definitions for your car. What model and year?

Also, for read you did it correctly by selecting 2006+ CAN Mitsubishi. That's what our car is. You just need the definitions now.

I did select the 2006+ CAN Mitsubshi. My car is a 2010 GSR.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car always makes the fan turn on and act all weird when you read or write the ROM.

Save that ROM and email it to me, or just tell me what year and model is your car and I can send you definitions.
I couldnt save the ROM because it said it didnt recognize it. I have a 2010 GSR. I live in the USA not Canada if that matters too.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Then you need 55570005 or 55570006 definitions. I have a thread on them in this forum. Grab them and you should be good.

You will also need my EvoScan definitions if you want to log it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then you need 55570005 or 55570006 definitions. I have a thread on them in this forum. Grab them and you should be good.

You will also need my EvoScan definitions if you want to log it.
I do have evoscan :) How do i know which definition i need and another stupid question haha what do i do with this definition. Sorry for the noob questions, i just really want to enable mode 23 to be able to log boost and other things. I am getting a LC-1 so i can monitor my A/F. My car runs so rich, i need a tune. My bumper is covered in oil from the exhaust.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I do have evoscan :) How do i know which definition i need and another stupid question haha what do i do with this definition. Sorry for the noob questions, i just really want to enable mode 23 to be able to log boost and other things. I am getting a LC-1 so i can monitor my A/F. My car runs so rich, i need a tune. My bumper is covered in oil from the exhaust.
Umm...I'll just say it 'cause no one else will but you should prolly just try and get in contact with another forum member in your local area who can show you how to do this. Maybe at a local car meet.

No offense, but you sound like a newb and you shouldn't be fussing with this.

The suit on your bumper is NOT oil....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Umm...I'll just say it 'cause no one else will but you should prolly just try and get in contact with another forum member in your local area who can show you how to do this. Maybe at a local car meet.

No offense, but you sound like a newb and you shouldn't be fussing with this.

The suit on your bumper is NOT oil....
I know nothing about the ecu, haha I'm not afraid to admit that.

Sorry I said oil that was on my bumper. I know its from my car having a stock tune that is very rich(to much fuel mixing with not enough air). I know its not oil, im sorry i said that. haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello guys, I have the mode23 in my ROM i just want to know how to actually turn it on?
In case you have not known how to do that.

1. Using the 54070013.xml I posted, open your 54070013.bin(.hex, .srf) by ecuflash.
2. Edit 'Mode 23 - IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #1'.(Check the map. Left click on the value. Press SHIFT+'='. Input '0x23' and press ENTER key. Confirm that the value of the map has changed to '0x23'.)
3. Edit 'Mode 23 - IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #2'.(Check the map. Left click on the value. Press SHIFT+'='. Input '0x23' and press ENTER key. Confirm that the value of the map has changed to '0x23'.)
4. Edit 'Mode 23 - DoMode 0x42 -> 0x52'.(Check the map. Left click on the value. Press SHIFT+'='. Input '0x52' and press ENTER key. Confirm that the value of the map has changed to '0x0052'.)
5. Flash your rom.

These threads also explain how to enabling mode23 in detail.
HOW TO: Mode23, Disable DTC, Disable Seconday BCS, Enable MAF Scale, & More - UPDATED
Enabling mode23 illustrated

p.s.
Can someone help me find the correct address for my definition???
If you find any of the addresses defined in the .xml I posted incorrect, feel free to report it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No no, everything you gave me works just fine. I wanted to know which one is it so I can add mor stuff to the xml like the RAX and some other stuff.
Oh I see. That's a good news. Did the mode23 settings go well?

RAX patch adds some more feature relating to boost. But the most useful feature is that it increase the logging speeds comparing to mode23. Increasing sampling rate improves the resolution of your log.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh I see. That's a good news. Did the mode23 settings go well?

RAX patch adds some more feature relating to boost. But the most useful feature is that it increase the logging speeds comparing to mode23. Increasing sampling rate improves the resolution of your log.
I did turn it on but haven't logged anything since last week. I do want to add RAX patch and also the spark cut to build boost during launch mode. ANy idea how to add that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts