Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i put the evo up for sale and it sat for a couple weeks the car drove fine before but after a couple weeks of sitting the battery went bad. i jumped the car and it started but the battery wouldnt hold a charge so a week later i replaced the battery and now with a brand new battery the car cranks but it wont start. I can hear it turn over but it just wont get going. i tried a little starter fluid and nothing then i replaced the plugs IT TURNED ON for about 2-3 seconds then shut off and then went back to just cranking. Below is a vid of what it sounds like.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/K8dxiLwJzyc

·
Registered
837 Posts
If it starts with starting fluid, the problem is likely a bad fuel pump, or a clogged filter. Time to pull the back seat and check for voltage.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That battery sounds really weak in your video. Get a jumper pack on there and try again. If it'll start with a little starter fluid but won't stay running, it's not getting fuel. You can swap the fuel pump relay or jumper it just to test and then move on down the line to the pump.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FIXED

It was the alternator, it was seizing and eventually seized and was causing resistance on the motor turning over. Swapped it for a new one and a new belt and it turns on like a charm!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts