Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've searched the forums and haven't found any info on this setup I'm about to share...

I'm fixing to pull the trigger and purchase a full exhaust system (catback, test pipe, downpipe). I've decided to go with the ETS V2 catback (regular), AMS test pipe with O2 bung, and the AMS widemouth downpipe. My question is:

Have any of you all seen or have this exact same setup and were there any fitment issues with hooking them all up together? Also if you have the setup, is the power increase with a tune worth dropping approximately $1800 on? I've already ordered an ETS intake and Cobb accessport. Just would like some info or suggestions. Thanks guys :D :rock:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I tried that setup minus the downpipe. I had the ETS V2 and AMS resonated testpipe. Fit like doo doo. I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on until I could get a testpipe with a bend in it. Not sure what others have seen, but I couldn't get the ETS V2 to fit at all with a straight test pipe like the AMS one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that setup minus the downpipe. I had the ETS V2 and AMS resonated testpipe. Fit like doo doo. I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on until I could get a testpipe with a bend in it. Not sure what others have seen, but I couldn't get the ETS V2 to fit at all with a straight test pipe like the AMS one.
That's great information to know, thank you very much! I'm wondering how the ETS V2 + ETS test pipe + AMS Downpipe would workout now. From what I've read also, a full exhaust system with a tune can dramatically increase power output. Also, I've read that even the AMS downpipe alone can make a big difference also.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
No problem man. Should be no fitment issues with the ETS V2 and testpipe along with the AMS downpipe. That was pretty much what I was running until I switched to the Lite-Spec I have now.

The downpipe is really not necessary on the stock turbo. I waited to get the downpipe until I got a bigger turbo. You'll see the biggest gains from the testpipe and catback. I know my car was night and day difference when I got exhaust and tuned it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem man. Should be no fitment issues with the ETS V2 and testpipe along with the AMS downpipe. That was pretty much what I was running until I switched to the Lite-Spec I have now.

The downpipe is really not necessary on the stock turbo. I waited to get the downpipe until I got a bigger turbo. You'll see the biggest gains from the testpipe and catback. I know my car was night and day difference when I got exhaust and tuned it.
Oh I see, I was under the impression the downpipe gave you the biggest boost out of the full exhaust setup. I ordered a cobb accessport through my tuner shop and it got delayed by like 2 weeks! He just messaged me and said he'd give me $100 off my first pro custom tune! Looks like I'm going to order the ETS cat-back and test pipe for now, get a tune, and save up for an AMS intercooler kit.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
IIRC, the AMS DP is also a little shorter than stock/ETS, which makes the ETS TP and catback combo hard to fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.