Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2015 EVO X MR and I’ve been thinking about getting a better downpipe installed but I don’t know which one

I’ve been eyeing the down pipes ets offers but I don’t know the difference betwee the dump Downpipe and recirculated downpipe

I also daily my car so I want to know which would be better

· Registered
62 Posts
just look at the stock photos of each and you can see the difference.
dump has an early exhaust exit, basically next to the cabin. Loud inside and out.
Recirculated will keep the exhaust fumes within the exhaust system until it exits the back. Likely louder than stock in cabin but outside will probably sound the same with stock cat and rear exhaust.

Question is, do you want a quiet or loud daily? I got AMS DP, test pipe, and ets extreme and i can't have a conversation with anyone on speaker phone.

· Registered
62 Posts
But the aftermarket downpipe will be the start of the wasted money until the graph chart curves into gains when more parts and mods are bought down the road. Some buy in stages, some can buy all at once.

· Registered
22 Posts
I see I live in Texas and have had several different exhaust set ups and this is the first time I ever had one with down pipe and actually is the quietest evo I have owned lol I think it’s because of the high flow cat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts