Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my ETS intake and I am getting bov flutter when at low rpms after I let my foot off the accelerator. I've read this is normal, and I've read that it can be damaging to the turbo. I followed the guy on the other evo forum, but the only part I did not do was cut my PCV hose as I might need this later if I have to go back to stock. Is there a downside to this?

At higher RPM's, there doesn't appear to be any flutter. I am using a synapse bov (the bigger one).

Also, what cobb AP map should I use for the ETS intake?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You are not getting more flutter/surge due to the intake, you are just able to hear it now...completely normal. That being said, so long as you didn't change the BOV at the same time...

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Nope, I had the synapse BOV before on the stock intake.
The flutter/surge gets MUCH louder with an open air intake. It doesn't make it worse, the flutter comes from the charged side of the turbo, the intake is only going to allow the system to breath/charge faster. When the BOV opens you are going to hear it more due to there not being a semi-sealed intake box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys so I'm going through something similar so i installed a its cold air intake and I'm using my stock bov and when i decelerate or shift into a higher gear my bov flutters and it would't make that type of sound with stock air box so i just to make sure everything is fine or somethings up due to having a pro-tune in a couple of days

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey guys so I'm going through something similar so i installed a its cold air intake and I'm using my stock bov and when i decelerate or shift into a higher gear my bov flutters and it would't make that type of sound with stock air box so i just to make sure everything is fine or somethings up due to having a pro-tune in a couple of days

The stock system is designed to be quiet. The bov action is WAY more noticeable on an aftermarket intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts