Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently picked up this intake and I want to make sure I understand my options before I modify it. As you can see in the picture, it only has 1 bung/nipple outlet other than the bov recirculation outlet. Most of the ETS intake setups that I've seen have 2; one for the oil return line to be connected to the block and one for the vacuum line to be connected to the boost solenoid. I'm assuming the one that my intake has is for the oil return line since the nipple is fairly large.

Am I correct in my assumption that most setups have those 2 connections?

Is that the best setup for a basic bolt-on car with maximum plans to utilize a FP turbo?

How should I go about adding the nipple for vacuum line? Drill and screw a nipple in or have a bung welded?

And, out of curiosity, why would this intake be produced without the vacuum nipple? In other words, where would you connect the boost solenoid vacuum line to if you didn't connect it to the intake and what advantages would this produce?

Attachments

·
3,420 Posts
So, I recently picked up this intake and I want to make sure I understand my options before I modify it. As you can see in the picture, it only has 1 bung/nipple outlet other than the bov recirculation outlet. Most of the ETS intake setups that I've seen have 2; one for the oil return line to be connected to the block and one for the vacuum line to be connected to the boost solenoid. I'm assuming the one that my intake has is for the oil return line since the nipple is fairly large.

Am I correct in my assumption that most setups have those 2 connections?

Is that the best setup for a basic bolt-on car with maximum plans to utilize a FP turbo?

How should I go about adding the nipple for vacuum line? Drill and screw a nipple in or have a bung welded?

And, out of curiosity, why would this intake be produced without the vacuum nipple? In other words, where would you connect the boost solenoid vacuum line to if you didn't connect it to the intake and what advantages would this produce?
Are you still using the stock boost solenoid, or are you using a 3 port?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts