Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

I want to buy the ETS intercooler setup . But do I have to retune ? Or can I install it without any issues ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
No need to retune for intercooler or piping. It's basically intake, turbo-through-cat exhaust changes, and turbo changes that require retunes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to retune for intercooler or piping. It's basically intake, turbo-through-cat exhaust changes, and turbo changes that require retunes.
Ok good to know . I just installed a ETS intake and a catback exhaust . But ETS says no need to retune with the catback exhaust v3 and I have a test pipe from ETS as well

·
Registered
210 Posts
The test pipe (or a downpipe) do necessitate a re-tune. Only cat-back doesn't really since the stock exhaust flows nearly as much as any aftermarket.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The test pipe (or a downpipe) do necessitate a re-tune. Only cat-back doesn't really since the stock exhaust flows nearly as much as any aftermarket.
So you mean to tell me that you DONT need a tune for a cat back, intercooler, piping, AND intake? 🤔 if not I’m throwing those suckers on too

·
Registered
79 Posts
realistically all you need is upper intercooler pipe, intake, exhaust and a tune, maybe even a 3 port for power with basic bolt ons only and for the power you can only achieve anyways with bolt ons.

·
Registered
345 Posts
But if you were already modded and tuned, you would probably need a re-tune for an UICP and intercooler right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts