Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum to see if anyone had an answer to this but couldn't find much. I have an ETS V2 regular exhaust and their catless test pipe w/ resonator installed on my car. The problem is that now I'm getting a really bad rattle noise coming from the bottom of the car. I checked to make sure the bolts were tightened and I couldn't find where the noise was coming from. It seems to be coming from up front and the only thing I could find was that maybe it was from the heat shield in the downpipe area.

Has anyone else ran in to this problem?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a v2 and a test pipe I had the same issue was driving me nuts anytime I let off the gas it would rattle like hell. If u look above the muffler section of the v2 there's a metal heat shield it has like 4 bolts take that off and you will be silent.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Loopin! I was going nuts as well listening to this. It was actually embarrassing hearing the noise when I was at a stop. I'll take a look under the car this weekend and remove that piece.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up figuring out what was causing this noise. I looked under and saw that my 02 bung plug was missing. As soon as I put a new one on, boom noise was gone! Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts