Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys--- We're gonna do a Breast Cancer fundraiser this spring. All proceeds will go to "Susan G Komen for the Cure."

This event will be organized by NEEVO, however, I'm hoping to get a bunch of other clubs to join in and help out. Ideas so far are:

BBQ
Car Wash
Raffle
Dunk Tank
XBox Racing Tournament
Guess the Weight! -- Can't do it :( Nothing to weigh it.
Guess the WHP!

Throw ANYTHING you've got at the wall and let's see what sticks. We can do any combination of events (Shit we can do all of them).

We need to come up with some Raffle Prizes, Vendors that may be interested in donating (F1, DSG, AMS?, etc.) And what we could do for potential prizes.

Groups of car enthusiasts we can invite:

Yuppie Racing
SubieGirls
NEEVO (Derp)

Going to also see if we can do some sort of PR thing with local newspapers.

Finally-- we need a location. Try to think of vendors/places we can do this.

·
Premium Member
21,476 Posts
BBQ/Raffle would be fun to raffle off prizes. Car wash is a hard sell to some folks unless you have girls in bikinis as you mentioned, that's always a nice motivator. It's also, in my perspective, slightly sexist. lol (and let's be honest, no one wants to see NEEVO in bikinis)

Kaizen already does a BBQ and Raffle though, and proceeds go to Susan G Komen I thought? And the same groups are invited. So we should try to stand out a little if we do this. If you think large enough you can also get local-ish vendors to strut their stuff for a small donation to the cause.

You could open it up to "The World" if you really want to draw a crowd. But then you're getting into large scale event territory, something I have zero experience with logistics.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep-- Again these are all just ideas. My Grandmother died of Breast Cancer, which is the connection here for me.

We'll come up with something that helps us stand out. This won't be till later in the year. Summer ish.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adding:

"Guess the Weight!"

and

"Guess the WHP!"

to potential events.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Idea:

$20 for a "Door Prize Basket" = 1 TShirt, tickets for some BBQ, other trinkets?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.