Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will make your day...what a ballon price with options.F**K. I'm thinking of 335i.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=301816

EVO 10 GSR AND MR OPTIONS FOR THE US... not a question, info inside...

1. The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X will come to the U.S. in two trimlines: The GSR & the MR.
A. The GSR will only be available in a 5 speed manual gearbox.
B. The GSR will come in one of two ways: Base A00 package and a 'sight, sound & wing' A04 package.
a. The GSR will be available in 5 colors:
i. Wicked White
ii. Cool Silver
iii. Rally Red
iv. Graphite Gray
v. A GSR-only Octane Blue (which replaces Electric Blue and is not as metallic)
b. The A00 package GSR will come with halogen headlamps and the MSRP is priced at $35,000~
c. The A04 'SSW' package will add on HIDs, a 650 Rockford sound system and the rear wing spoiler. No detail on cost.
C. The MR will only be available in a TC-SST transmission.
D. The MR will come in one of two ways: Base A06 package and an 'luxury' A11 package.
a. The MR will be available in 5 colors:
i. Wicked White
ii. Cool Silver
iii. Rally Red
iv. Graphite Gray
v. An MR-only Phantom Black (which replaces Tarmac Black and has gold metallic flake in it)
b. The A06 package MR will come with HIDs, color coded trimmings and upgraded wheels, suspension and rear wing & starts at $40,000~
c. The A11 'luxury' package will include a 30GB HDD MMCS Navigation system, FAST key, bluetooth, cruise control, climate control, etc...

Mitsubishi is looking for the sales leader to be the 'SSW' GSR. They are also looking at the median household income of a GSR buyer to be around $90k and the MR buyer to be around $112k.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
:bsflag:

These prices obviously aren't legit. If they were, then an optioned out evo X MR would run $45K. Mitsu knows that it can't compete in that price range, and that they would effectively committing suicide.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the highest price should not be 40k, maybe 39.999.00 that's including all options plus destination,taxes,lojack,extended warranty,wheel lock,first insurance payment etc etc. for me a 40k evo is just plain ridiculously stupid.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
if that is true it will be a broken dreams for many of us... for sure some of us can pay for that but a few more it will be like this...

this is what we hope for...

RS 5spd only=$25,905.38

Gsr pricing...
GSR with leather & 5spd = $31,117.33
GSR with leather & TCSST = $33,321.80

MR edition pricing ???...
GSR Premium w/5speed $34,470.65
GSR premium (aka MR?) w/TCSST = $36,675.29

i hope that high mark was just from some STI fanatics...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nitpick of the day: There is no Evo 10 for the US; it will be the Evolution GSR and Evolution MR

BTW, I have access o private pictures for the US model, but am not allowed to share them.
Looks great even if it is more filling :jk:

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
Nitpick of the day: There is no Evo 10 for the US; it will be the Evolution GSR and Evolution MR

BTW, I have access o private pictures for the US model, but am not allowed to share them.
Looks great even if it is more filling :jk:
I agree wholeheartedly.

*dons flame shield*

But yeah I'd just get a slightly used E46 M3 competition package for the price of the new Evo MR if those prices are at all credible.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
E46 M3 is hot tho...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly.

*dons flame shield*

But yeah I'd just get a slightly used E46 M3 competition package for the price of the new Evo MR if those prices are at all credible.
Yeah, and I'd go a slightly used E46 M3 over the 335i coupe, which I just can't warm up to. As for the Evo, got to wait and see what it's like in the flesh. Ditto the new STi, which apparently will once again come with crummy seats. And if all else fails I'll just go with a Audi A5 with the S Line crap. Hope to drive the S5 next month when I haul my A4 in for an oil change.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A modified E46 M3 is nice assuming the engine bearings don't spin, a factory stock one is an understeering pig ...

I raced several successive models of BMWs; E36 M3, Z3 coupe, Z4 3.0. I don't really like where they're going, won't be a BMW owner again any time soon.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
A modified E46 M3 is nice assuming the engine bearings don't spin, a factory stock one is an understeering pig ...

I raced several successive models of BMWs; E36 M3, Z3 coupe, Z4 3.0. I don't really like where they're going, won't be a BMW owner again any time soon.
Interesting, I hear a lot of people rave about their bmw, why don't you like them?

·
Registered
847 Posts
That is correct, Dino.

The RS model in Japan is a truly stripped down 'tuner' version of the car. One of the main reasons the U.S. is not getting the RS is because of prior sales performance of the RS. The RS is a 'feast or famine' car. I remember seeing them on dealer lots for MONTHS! And then all of a sudden, when it was realized that no 2007 model was coming to the US, throngs of people went out looking for an RS model, but not for the performance aspect. Mostly for the sub-30k pricetag. The US RS in 04, 05 and 06 were better equipped than the Japanese versions, mind you. The US came with Brembo brakes and Enkei wheels, etc... In Japan, 15" steelies and floating caliper brakes was what you got on the RS. And air-conditioning? Check the box on the option sheet for that. If they ever brought the JDM RS to the US, forget it... there would be an uproar...

WHERE ARE THE BREMBOS???
WHERE ARE THE RECAROS???
NO POWER WINDOWS???
NO ABS???

You catch my drift...

Perhaps only a very small number of U.S. enthusiasts truly can appreciate what the RS has to offer, but the number is not large enough for Mitsubishi to make a full out shipment of the RS here.

Think about it this way. If you made a version of a car that was world-renouned for it's motorsport legacy and someone came to you and said, "Hey, it's cheap, I'll buy it." That, for me, would be worse than a slap in the face, as you know you'll have no problem selling it to the rest of the world rather than send it to a country which lacks the knowledge of the road racing/rally history of this car and, in turn, shows it's disdain for it.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
That is correct, Dino.

The RS model in Japan is a truly stripped down 'tuner' version of the car. One of the main reasons the U.S. is not getting the RS is because of prior sales performance of the RS. The RS is a 'feast or famine' car. I remember seeing them on dealer lots for MONTHS! And then all of a sudden, when it was realized that no 2007 model was coming to the US, throngs of people went out looking for an RS model, but not for the performance aspect. Mostly for the sub-30k pricetag. The US RS in 04, 05 and 06 were better equipped than the Japanese versions, mind you. The US came with Brembo brakes and Enkei wheels, etc... In Japan, 15" steelies and floating caliper brakes was what you got on the RS. And air-conditioning? Check the box on the option sheet for that. If they ever brought the JDM RS to the US, forget it... there would be an uproar...

WHERE ARE THE BREMBOS???
WHERE ARE THE RECAROS???
NO POWER WINDOWS???
NO ABS???

You catch my drift...
That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Perhaps only a very small number of U.S. enthusiasts truly can appreciate what the RS has to offer, but the number is not large enough for Mitsubishi to make a full out shipment of the RS here.
Understandable.

Think about it this way. If you made a version of a car that was world-renouned for it's motorsport legacy and someone came to you and said, "Hey, it's cheap, I'll buy it." That, for me, would be worse than a slap in the face, as you know you'll have no problem selling it to the rest of the world rather than send it to a country which lacks the knowledge of the road racing/rally history of this car and, in turn, shows it's disdain for it.
I agree with you there. I sell some products that cost a lot of money due to the quality of the components I use. For instance, the motors I build use Pauter rods. They're superior rods, but they're not cheap. Some people complain about the price, others understand. Bottom line - I don't want my name associated with a sub par final product, so I'm going to use good stuff to produce it.

It's good to see that Mitsu is thinking along the same lines. That said, it sucks for the guys who would genuinely benefit from the RS, such as group N rally teams and such.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.