Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting a new post to eliminate any confusion between my issue and this post..

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298178

The videos in this post match my issues indentically.

So long story short the car was parked for 2 days in my garage, it was running fine prior (no mods made), I came out to start it up and all I get is crank but no start. What I've done so far to solve issue:

Spark plugs replaced gaps checked all were with in spec

Checked for spark all four (good)
Checked for fuel pumping (good) not sure of actual fuel pressure.
Checked injectors all four (good)
Compression sounds good but not tested.
All fuses checked and are good.
Relays should be good but I'm not sure how to test them!

Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What relays do you have in your car. Have you tried pulling the fuel pump and injector relay? Give 'em the old salt shaker test.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
i dont see any vids in that post?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My relays are black and green and salt shaker test found a rattle in (M) relay so I swapped it with the (G) relay. Can't get pics to upload. The videos are at the beginning of the thread.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
try swapping the fuel relay with your high beam relay.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
just something to eliminate:

have you tried jumping the car off another vehicle?

do you still have the OEM Panasonic battery?

try swapping the fuel pump relay with the high beam relay

do you have spark to all cylinders?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
just something to eliminate:

have you tried jumping the car off another vehicle? (YES)

do you still have the OEM Panasonic battery? (NO REPLACED BATTERY this year)

try swapping the fuel pump relay with the high beam relay( not sure which one to swap)

do you have spark to all cylinders? (YES)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
What mods do you have?

You probably want to test fuel pressure.

How did you test your injectors?

Did you have history of cart starting and running fine and then doing this again?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What mods do you have? TB exhaust, K&N intake, Cobb stage 2 map

How did you test your injectors? With a Test light, to check for pulse

Did you have history of cart starting and running fine and then doing this again? Never had this issue before now.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So Sounds like you are yet to start it. Are there any error codes that you can potentially pull? it might not have check engine light at all, but I would check for error codes with Cobb APP - something along the lines of Crankshaft angle sensor...

Check compression as well, the tool $25 bucks and takes an hour or so by yourself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay so I screwed up testing the injectors. With the right test light I'm getting no injector pulse. So the question is why not? No codes showing on the Cobb

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just ordered a complete relay kit from MAP to replace my green relays with blue and replace the MFI relay, still can't get her fired up. Hopefully that will fix my issue but I'm not confident that's the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Going to look more into a possible sensor problem at this point.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
lift up the back seat on the left side you will see the fuelpump intank cover, get someone to turn on the ignition whilst you listen to see if you can hear the fuel pump priming. If not then theres the problem.

It could just be the relay or it could be that the pump is goosed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lift up the back seat on the left side you will see the fuelpump intank cover, get someone to turn on the ignition whilst you listen to see if you can hear the fuel pump priming. If not then theres the problem.

It could just be the relay or it could be that the pump is goosed.
The fuel pump is fine, it has something to do with the injectors. They are not receiving the signal from the ECU. What would cause the injectors not to get a signal?
Relay or possibly some sensor like the cam or crank?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The fuel pump is fine, it has something to do with the injectors. They are not receiving the signal from the ECU. What would cause the injectors not to get a signal?
Relay or possibly some sensor like the cam or crank?
You said injectors are fine? I though you tested them with some light that shows pulses?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
There are 5 relays that are interchangeable between each other. You can look at part numbers and swap them around to see if anything will change.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts