Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The fuel pump is fine, it has something to do with the injectors. They are not receiving the signal from the ECU. What would cause the injectors not to get a signal?
Relay or possibly some sensor like the cam or crank?
You said injectors are fine? I though you tested them with some light that shows pulses?
This is true but in a later post I stated I screwed up testing it. I was using a regular test light instead of one that plugs into the injector harness. Turned out what I originally thought was it pulsing was actually my assistant not keeping a good connection.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I would pull the relay responsible for injectors and test the connections there for signal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Starter relay is prob fry.
If this is true the car wouldn't turn over. At least I wouldn't think.

The problem lies with the injectors and whatever is causing them not to get a signal. At least that's what I'm leaning towards at this point.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Sounds like a good idea but I don't know how to test the relays other then the salt shaker test lol.
Relay is a switch essentially.

Relay would have the signal it controls (your injector pulses in this case) and signal that controls the relay itself. So when controlling electrical signal is sent to relay, it clicks and conducts the signal to your injectors.

So, what you want it good multimeter and test what signals you get in the relay's nest. Just remove the relay itself and see if signal is even there.

http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Relay

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
So new relays all the way around and still no start up. Issue remains the same turns over but won't start.

Could it be the crank position sensor?

At this point I'm at a loss. I don't understand what would be causing this issue. The car ran fine no engine codes and then it don't. No precursors or anything to tip me off something was wrong.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So new relays all the way around and still no start up. Issue remains the same turns over but won't start.

Could it be the crank position sensor?

At this point I'm at a loss. I don't understand what would be causing this issue. The car ran fine no engine codes and then it don't. No precursors or anything to tip me off something was wrong.
You didn't do what I suggested you to do though, but you did purchase new relays.

Remove the relay responsible for injectors and test the connection with multimeter tool in the fuse box itself. If you get no signal there, the issue is before the relay and fusebox, and you are off for a nice journey figuring out electrical issues... probably the worst kind of issues.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You didn't do what I suggested you to do though, but you did purchase new
I skipped this step because after replacing the relays I now have an injector pulse on all 4 injectors after retesting. But the damn thing still won't fire up. I should have mentioned that in my follow up post but I'm a bit frustrated and forgot.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Have u verified that you have fuel pressure while cranking

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I skipped this step because after replacing the relays I now have an injector pulse on all 4 injectors after retesting. But the damn thing still won't fire up. I should have mentioned that in my follow up post but I'm a bit frustrated and forgot.
That's good. One less problem.

Spark plugs are dry and all?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So just trying aimlessly to solve this issue I uninstalled my Cobb and put ECU to factory. I had no codes prior but am now getting a U0167 immobilized communication error. Is this just a coincidence due to the change in program. I have tried to clear the code but it won't clear.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Hm, may be this is what it is, however, you said you get spark and you get fuel pulses, so before you say it is immobilizer, you need to check if injectors actually spray anything. Be careful whichever way you do it, that shit is very flamable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds absolutely ridiculous, but try giving it gas, my car sited for over a month, and it wouldn't start until i pressed the gas, if i let go of the gas it died of instantly, the issue fixed itself after a few miles. Maybe you tried it, but if you didn't give it a shot.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
try looking at the
MAP sensor that did the trick on my car when it did not start.
You mean just stare at it until it starts?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Update:

I want to thank everyone for all your help. It turns out there were several issues all which started with crappy relays. This is what I get for not doing the upgrade.

Well all the attempts to start the car with the bad relays in place must have dumped a lot of fuel into the system. It turned out I had a majorly flooded engine which contributed to the engine not starting once all the fixes were done. I ended up cranking the crap out of the engine in 10 second intervals. On the third cycle it finally fired up. It had a bit of hesitation initially but after getting the excess fuel out its purring once again.

To anyone who hasn't changed their relays DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and get them changed.

Once again thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm starting a new post to eliminate any confusion between my issue and this post..

Internet I need your help! BeaterX wont' start :(

The videos in this post match my issues indentically.

So long story short the car was parked for 2 days in my garage, it was running fine prior (no mods made), I came out to start it up and all I get is crank but no start. What I've done so far to solve issue:

Spark plugs replaced gaps checked all were with in spec

Checked for spark all four (good)
Checked for fuel pumping (good) not sure of actual fuel pressure.
Checked injectors all four (good)
Compression sounds good but not tested.
All fuses checked and are good.
Relays should be good but I'm not sure how to test them!

Where do I go from here?
Did you find the issue???

21 - 39 of 39 Posts