Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a 2011 TL SH AWD that I really like. I'm about 80% sure I am going to make the trade this weekend but having my doubts. I have owned evos for almost 4 years now but after my 3200 mile road trip to Mississippi I have been contemplating getting something a little more luxurious that I could still enjoy driving. I’ve spent a lot of money on my evos over the years and hoping this might save some money in the long run. Another factor is I had a kid 19 months ago and it’s really hard to take trips places and finding room to put everything in the evo. So my question is, am I crazy? Anyone else drove/owned one of these?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Someone posted about this a month ago. His wife got one. He was fairly impressed and there was a comparo I found and posted up comparing the X to the Acura. X crushed it but not as bad as you would think. I do not like how they look but they are nice for sure. Based on your needs, looks like a good move and probably better on MPG's as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All about what you what out of your car. X is going to be way faster but how fast do you want to be driving with your kid in the back. As I grow older I find myself doing less and less pulls on the hwy while driving. I've thought about selling/ trading my X countless times especially now that gas prices is so high. I just haven't really found the car I really want. GL man, but if you don't go racing all the time. You'll be happy with either cars.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All about what you what out of your car. X is going to be way faster but how fast do you want to be driving with your kid in the back. As I grow older I find myself doing less and less pulls on the hwy while driving. I've thought about selling/ trading my X countless times especially now that gas prices is so high. I just haven't really found the car I really want. GL man, but if you don't go racing all the time. You'll be happy with either cars.

Kind of where I am at. It was a fun ride and I will always love the evo but it's felling like it's time to move on.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone posted about this a month ago. His wife got one. He was fairly impressed and there was a comparo I found and posted up comparing the X to the Acura. X crushed it but not as bad as you would think. I do not like how they look but they are nice for sure. Based on your needs, looks like a good move and probably better on MPG's as well.
Thanks, read through the thread you were talking about.

·
Registered
818 Posts
So I found a 2011 TL SH AWD that I really like. I'm about 80% sure I am going to make the trade this weekend but having my doubts. I have owned evos for almost 4 years now but after my 3200 mile road trip to Mississippi I have been contemplating getting something a little more luxurious that I could still enjoy driving. I’ve spent a lot of money on my evos over the years and hoping this might save some money in the long run. Another factor is I had a kid 19 months ago and it’s really hard to take trips places and finding room to put everything in the evo. So my question is, am I crazy? Anyone else drove/owned one of these?
The only thing you will regret is the point and shoot factor. You wont have any performance fun with the TL BUT it is a hella luxurious car compared to the evo. TL's are actually really comfortable and relaxing to drive in any given condition but if it is performance you care for... you will want to shoot yourself.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you honestly had enough with the quality of the evo you will actually love the TL. It's very very comfortable. It's just a better honda you know. Ride quality isn't your 2011/'12 Merc E series but still is nice, much better than the EVO but the performance aspect, pushing the evo as far as it can, defy physics as much as you can and still make it is the only thing you will miss. I am in the mists of selling mine so I am in the market for a new(er) vehicle. I just sat down and did pro's and con's... I couldn't live without performance so after I sell mine, I'll grab a '12 gtr or say fuck it and get an '09 and upgrade to '13/'14 in 2-3 years. Need 400 whp to the wheels at least, stock lol.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you honestly had enough with the quality of the evo you will actually love the TL. It's very very comfortable. It's just a better honda you know. Ride quality isn't your 2011/'12 Merc E series but still is nice, much better than the EVO but the performance aspect, pushing the evo as far as it can, defy physics as much as you can and still make it is the only thing you will miss. I am in the mists of selling mine so I am in the market for a new(er) vehicle. I just sat down and did pro's and con's... I couldn't live without performance so after I sell mine, I'll grab a '12 gtr or say fuck it and get an '09 and upgrade to '13/'14 in 2-3 years. Need 400 whp to the wheels at least, stock lol.
haha nice. I appreciate the feedback. GT-R would be sweet....maybe in like 10 years for me. I really do get annoyed with the build quality of the evo. It really makes me embarassed to even let people ride in it with me that don't know what it is. I love getting out on the open road with her but as far as dding or trips around town, it becomes quite annoying.

I'm going to drive the TL on Saturday and see what I think. Nothing is set in stone. I got pre approved and all that jazz so it's just a matter of saying I want it or I don't. I'm turning the evo back stock though ;) haha Just in case

·
Registered
818 Posts
GL going back to stock lol. I am not touching that haha. I am only asking 6k back from all the crap I spent. Stealerships are giving me 30k for trade-in. That 6k will go into exhaust, tune and sway bars on the R lol.

Have fun on your test drive, you will actually like the change if you ask me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
1) Never, and I mean it never crossed my mind that the op was gonna be you haha

2) Sell me your bbs wheels and tires before you trade it in.

3) The TL is really nice but its gonna be a huge change! If I was you, Id try a bmw first since they are super luxurious and also performance oriented.

4) You won't miss it as much since you have the other cars for performance anyways!

GL and you can't really go wrong with a TL or BMW

Edit: I was serious about your tires and other parts!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GL going back to stock lol. I am not touching that haha. I am only asking 6k back from all the crap I spent. Stealerships are giving me 30k for trade-in. That 6k will go into exhaust, tune and sway bars on the R lol.

Have fun on your test drive, you will actually like the change if you ask me.
haha nice.

I'm really hoping that I do like the change. I'm really not worried about the initial stages, I'm worried that after a month or two I'm going to be at the dealer picking up another evo....haha. Gotta remember all the things I hated about it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
1) Never, and I mean it never crossed my mind that the op was gonna be you haha

2) Sell me your bbs wheels and tires before you trade it in.

3) The TL is really nice but its gonna be a huge change! If I was you, Id try a bmw first since they are super luxurious and also performance oriented.

4) You won't miss it as much since you have the other cars for performance anyways!

GL and you can't really go wrong with a TL or BMW

Edit: I was serious about your tires and other parts!!
I totally agree with the BMW statement. You should def try to test drive one. My best friend just traded his sti in on a pre owned 535x. I was very impressed with it.Plus he has BMW warranty for another 3 years. So he gets free everything. But you can't go wrong with Acura. If you take care of it it will run forever.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's the thing... If you want to keep it as long as you can, BMW is NOT the way to go and the Acura is. Why do i say that? Dont get me wrong, I love german engineering. Too bad the performance I want comes with 160k which is wayyyyyyyy too out of my league (911 turbo/s) so I cant get a German engineered car :/

Intake and/or exhaust manifolds will crack within 3 years of owning the car, powersteering will be shot within that 3 years. These are just mere examples that I had to experience via friends. Hell my neighbor cracked his motor once morning starting it up (it was an 04 and the year was 09).

Like I said many times man haha, the only thing you will miss is the performance and the fun you have via the performance. NOTHING else. It will feel like you are in a different world, much upper than the evo plus you wont be attracting dudes with boners...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.