Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
At meets the 8&9 guys never approach the Xs nor will they park beside us...

Hell I only spoke to 1 of them because he came over as we were looking at his 8 because it was so fuckin clean like 10xs better then a Brand New vehicle...

I drive pass a few 8 owners and i wave they nod there head, never tried racing me or vice verse

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
there are 5-6 8/9 owners in the raleigh area and we all hang out together and get along. No haters here within the evo family.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
At meets the 8&9 guys never approach the Xs nor will they park beside us...

Hell I only spoke to 1 of them because he came over as we were looking at his 8 because it was so fuckin clean like 10xs better then a Brand New vehicle...

I drive pass a few 8 owners and i wave they nod there head, never tried racing me or vice verse
Was that group a bunch of 18-22 year olds?

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Was that group a bunch of 18-22 year olds?
nope I have only met one young Evo 8 owner and was at a dyno day he was very cool....

But for the group nah they had to be atleast 26+, they just stand there with their limp bizkit facial hair, pocket chains, flaunting there short sleeve shirt to show their tats, with their arms crossed, staring at their vehicle waiting for the turbo timer to shut the loud fucker off

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I gotta agree with levi on the 8 and 9 owners in SA are pretty decent guys. So far every Evo (regardless of model) they all acknowledge each other and appreciate each others cars. I personally love all the Evo platforms. Beautiful cars every last one of them.

·
[Off Topic Moderator], [Ralliart Moderator], [Loca
4,765 Posts
YEAH I FEEL THE LOVE! i wave at everyone roll my window done smile real big, but dont show teeth so i look re-tarded and just wave like a little kid....hi

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I suppose I never considered the possibility that not everyone's paying attention to what cars are around them. I just can't help but notice everything...even something like a black accord with dark tint and black rims with the silver lip (that I saw today) I'll think "that looks nice." Anyways, over here in Buffalo there aren't too many VIII/IX/X's. Subaru more popular here so I tend to notice whatever Evo's are out there. You're right about there being ********s with every car out there....I was just wondering if there was a particular rivalry between IX's and X's

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Hell I never SEE Evos around here (I know they are here somewhere.....), so I wave at Subys and any DSM that I see. Never get a wave back, though. :( I've seen BigMike ONCE and that was in a parking lot and so he obviously didn't see me.

See one other GG X, he's a dickbag and thinks his shit don't stink...never waves and tried racing my coworker in his Civic. My coworker declined and laughed at him.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Bottom line, "most" evo drivers who drive the evo regardless if its the 8,9,or X are Aholes! lol Atleast the ones i encounter. Such a shame. I miss the Nissan 350z crowd.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That sucks BigMike, but at least it wasn't an embarrassing situation like I had once. I was behind a IX (not tailing or anything), he was driving average speed and then came to a traffic light to take a right....he sped up and took the turn real quick and then let it rip. Unfortunately when I also accelerated and tried to take the turn at the same speed, I skidded a bit and tires screeched. To make things worse, the dude was in his 50's and had his wife next to him! Not sure if he had mods or not. I've always wondered if the IX has better handling/cornering or if I just suck. He didn't drift or anything, it was a clean turn...
What color IX? :shades:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Whenever I see evos out in the wild i always throw a shaka, deuces, wave, or at least a head nod... 98% of the time I get mean mugs, revved at followed by aggressive drive-away and bov, or that look of "Pfff"... I get more love from subies. This has been my experience in Hawaii, Texas, and Oklahoma. I know douches are universal but from MY experience, the Evo driver douche to cool guy ratio is douche heavy.

EDIT: and as you can see from my sig, I'll be going from young douches to yuppy pricks.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow I'm glad I live in SA. I've only run into 1 guy out of twenty that was a prick/douche. He's military so it's almost expected. A majority of military men are A Type personality so I'm pretty used to it being as 99% of my career field are A Type personalities. I've got alot of love for this car and alot of respect for anyone that drives one. Be it an VIII, IX, or X. I thought it was global as everyone here at evoxforums is overwhelmingly helpful to each other (except the minor smartass comments every once in a while to those deserving idiots). But I guess the only acceptable non douche Evo owners are on this forum.

Except Levi, he's a major douche

·
[Off Topic Moderator], [Ralliart Moderator], [Loca
4,765 Posts
^^ we love you too

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
hmm now that i think about it. ive gotten more love from every other crew but evo guys. lotta muscle car guys out here in fuckin oklahoma, ive gotten a lot of "wow nice car" comments from dudes in GTOs and vettes, even old dudes. maybe it's just the competitive nature that comes with a car that performs like ours do. ah well, i ain't stressin. just can't wait to get outta this scene though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I had was at a gas station and saw a guy with an Evo 8. I go up to say hi. I told him I used to have an Evo 8 the same color and his car looked nice. His first thing he asked me was how my transmission was holding up... I told him it was manual, not SST. He said it looked like an MR.

So if I had a Evo 10 MR, my transmission blows up?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts