Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I had was at a gas station and saw a guy with an Evo 8. I go up to say hi. I told him I used to have an Evo 8 the same color and his car looked nice. His first thing he asked me was how my transmission was holding up... I told him it was manual, not SST. He said it looked like an MR.

So if I had a Evo 10 MR, my transmission blows up?
haha people are retarded. i wonder how long he's been waiting to say that to a X guy.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What gave you the impression he thought your tranny would blow on a MR? Everything we read pretty much says the MR tranny fails with high loads so he's not completely wrong. But what I don't get is him saying it looks like an MR...they all look the same to me... Minus the differences between SSS and yearly changes to body kits. Oh and the MR badge. Other than that, same look.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What gave you the impression he thought your tranny would blow on a MR? Everything we read pretty much says the MR tranny fails with high loads so he's not completely wrong. But what I don't get is him saying it looks like an MR...they all look the same to me... Minus the differences between SSS and yearly changes to body kits. Oh and the MR badge. Other than that, same look.
I have the MR BBS wheels on my car. I've had people mistake it for an MR many times.

The way he said it was kinda sarcastic. It gave me the impression he meant something like "your car sucks because it has the crappy SST transmission that is known to have problems". Not to mention I complemented him on his car and he didn't have any kind response.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The younger 8/9 guys around here are dbags (to be expected at their age) but all of the guys around my age (21) and up are all about any Evo, and I constantly get questions about my X from them, and I return the favor, haha.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't often see 8/9's around, but when I do they're usually speeding through traffic. I never actually get up next to one or run into one at a gas station. I've received more respect from STi owners.

·
Purple meat eater
1,242 Posts
I see either really nicely built CT9A or a eBay special. The older crowd seem nice enough, but younger ones with the eBay specials I've met have been d-bags in general. It's sad that the older CT9A are becoming the new DSMs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I had my 2006 GTO I got lots of hate from "real GTO owners". course there was a pretty big generation gap between me and these guys.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
IME, albeit not working with a large sample, the only folks who consistently do not return a wave are X owners. Just sayin'. <ducking>

·
Registered
392 Posts
If driving like a dbag means that the guy driving hates my car, then damn forget IX haters, there are TONS more scion tc, prius, and escalade haters out there. ;)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts