Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tell you what...as long as I have been a subaru enthusiast, the more I've been reading about the X and the new STi...I'm almost converting back to my roots...I just can't get over subaru making the STi an exclusive hatchback...when I found that out this summer I almost bought an 07 STi for that reason...to get the last true sedan...then I started reading more about the X...I was selling mitsus at the time and getting more familiar with the lancer...and knowing that the X was getting the same chassis, practically the same body, and all the amenities that the GTR has, I turned to mitsubishi...the only thing keeping me committed to the X amongst all this new info about the SST taking longer in production and no pricing info and lower numbers than the new STi, is the fastkey, bluetooth technology, 30 gig nav with music server and touch screen, recaros (because subaru makes the worst seats imaginable)...and the overall looks of the car and the SST...I've always had a 5 sp...but if subaru had something like the SST on the new STi...I'd be ordering one them instead...

·
Registered
28 Posts
its a british magazine... really good actually! i get a copy everytime i'm at the airport somewhere in europe.. if you try subscribing here its way too expensive cuz of shipping.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think I saw that magazine a couple of times in Barnes and Nobles, pretty pricey though...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Here it is: Another good review from the folks at EVO Magazine.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/211024/mitsubishi_evo.html

I bought the magazine for the article and now the article is online... that's life, I guess. Anyway, they also reviewed the WRX (not STi) and that was not in the same class as the X.
The weight savings don’t stop at the engine, for the Evo X also features a new aluminium front bumper beam, which, in conjunction with an alloy roof, bonnet and front wings (and the battery and washer bottle being moved to the boot), has helped shift the new car’s front-to-rear weight distribution by some 3 per cent rearward. There’ll no doubt be stripped-out Japanese-market RS and Spec C models in the future. For now, the fully equipped GSR-spec model is closest to that coming to the UK and weighs a rather hefty 1540kg (compared with the Evo IX’s 1400kg).
1,540 kg = 3,388 lb which is JDM spec, so the Evo review is also not testing the portlier version we are getting in North America.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here it is: Another good review from the folks at EVO Magazine.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/211024/mitsubishi_evo.html

I bought the magazine for the article and now the article is online... that's life, I guess. Anyway, they also reviewed the WRX (not STi) and that was not in the same class as the X.
Thanks Gumby.

I heard EVO magazine is one of the best british car mag. They are unbiased and very critical of the cars they review.

They do not seem to be impressed with the Evo X, I guess it is because they spoiled because they get FQ-400 over their.

They seem to be the first one to complain about the paddle shifters not mounted on to the steering wheel.

Good reviewwww!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I read EVO magazine on a pretty regular basis. They have given it 4.5 stars, which is definitely a good rating. Very few cars get the full 5 star rating... but yes, the Brits are looking forward to their FQ versions for sure.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read EVO magazine on a pretty regular basis. They have given it 4.5 stars, which is definitely a good rating. Very few cars get the full 5 star rating... but yes, the Brits are looking forward to their FQ versions for sure.
What cars, of which you remembered, got a 5/5 in the EVO mag? I just want to see how well a 4.5/5 compares to a 5/5.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What cars, of which you remembered, got a 5/5 in the EVO mag? I just want to see how well a 4.5/5 compares to a 5/5.
SPORTS LIMOUSINE :
5 STARS GOT:

-AUDI RS4
-HONDA ACCORD TYPE R(ACURA TSX)
-MITSHUBISHI EVO IX
-SUBARU INPREZA STI

4,5 STARS GOT:
-ALFA 156 GTA
-ALFA 159 1,9 JTS
-ALFA 159 1,9 JTDM
-BMW 330 I
-BMW 325 I
-BMW 330 XD
-FORD MONDEO ST TDCI
-HONDA ACCORD 2,2 ICTDI
-JAGUAR X TYPE 2,5 SPORT
-MAZDA 6 MPS
-OPEL VECTRA GTS OPC
-SAAB 9-3 1,9 TIDS
-SUBARU INPREZA WRX
-VW PASSAT V8 4MOTION
-VOLVO S60
-VOLVO S60R

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have this issue. Pretty irritating that they freely mix and match the prototype and actual Evo X in photos. Especially the Prototype interior, which has a Porsche-esque sport chrono on the dash and alcantara everywhere which will not be on the production Evo X. One one pic you see it with the 19" BBS RGR's with a nice drop (again the prototype) and the next it has the production 18" BBS variants and a 3" wheel gap.

Odd, Evo is usually so precise. The article is very pro evo though and rips the Impreza "GT". Note it is not the STi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.