Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,993 Posts
No offence but that was the dumbest question I've seen on here:p

Reactions: Kanovic

· Registered
5,777 Posts
If your gonna say something like that why even post? It's not like anyone wants to hear what you have to say anyway.
It was a pretty ridiculous question... have you even seen Lancer GTS calipers? Have you even seen your own Evo's calipers?

Not trying to say being a complete a-hole is justified, but pointing out the obvious sometimes is ;)

But don't worry, it's just the Internet and he lives on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

· Registered
1,094 Posts
I was just looking at pads on Rockauto.com
They have stoptech pads showing on their system for 2010 evo X

Stop Tech Front $62.79

Stop Tech Rear $47.79

plus you can google rock auto discount code for a 5% discount to offset the shipping costs.

· Registered
747 Posts
I was just looking at pads on Rockauto.com
They have stoptech pads showing on their system for 2010 evo X

Stop Tech Front $62.79

Stop Tech Rear $47.79

plus you can google rock auto discount code for a 5% discount to offset the shipping costs.
Stoptech are good? They are at great price and my car is 2011. Doesnt matter right?? Is the same as 2010?

· Registered
2,993 Posts
If your gonna say something like that why even post? It's not like anyone wants to hear what you have to say anyway.
sorry my friend, I usually love to help people out, sorry for my post, we all have to start somewhere. I'm truely sorry, It was a genuine question. But no, they dont fit, the brembo calipers house much larger brake pads.

It was a pretty ridiculous question... have you even seen Lancer GTS calipers? Have you even seen your own Evo's calipers?

Not trying to say being a complete a-hole is justified, but pointing out the obvious sometimes is ;)

But don't worry, it's just the Internet and he lives on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
ha ha ha!!! fair one!! but i have to say I live on the "right side of the Atlantic my good sir" lol

· Registered
747 Posts
I will probably order today the stoptech pads. But before that i wish you guys can clarify some doubts i have!
1. I use my car as a dd. Is stoptech ok for that? I think yes for what i read but i only understand half of what you said!! :-( i use google translator sometimes!! Haha
2. What about the dust and noise? I dont want neither!!
3. It have to be any special spec or the street performance pads are ok?
4. Quality vs price. I found the rear pads (i need only rear for now) on ebay between $55-$65. Is that a good price and they are good quality?
I hope someone help me with this because i need it for today!! I am driving my mom old odessey because my car make a horrible noise when brake!! :-(
Thanks!!!

· Registered
477 Posts
I will probably order today the stoptech pads. But before that i wish you guys can clarify some doubts i have!
1. I use my car as a dd. Is stoptech ok for that? I think yes for what i read but i only understand half of what you said!! :-( i use google translator sometimes!! Haha
4. Quality vs price. I found the rear pads (i need only rear for now) on ebay between $55-$65. Is that a good price and they are good quality?
I hope someone help me with this because i need it for today!! I am driving my mom old odessey because my car make a horrible noise when brake!! :-(
Thanks!!!
You're problem might not be that the pads are worn. 2011 is pretty new. How many miles do you have?

My stock pads started to squeal like a muthafucker around 12-15,000 miles, but there's plenty of pad left. My noise goes gets better the more often I wash the car and clear out the old dust.

· Registered
747 Posts
You're problem might not be that the pads are worn. 2011 is pretty new. How many miles do you have?

My stock pads started to squeal like a muthafucker around 12-15,000 miles, but there's plenty of pad left. My noise goes gets better the more often I wash the car and clear out the old dust.
25,000 miles! But i bought it with 23000. I only have 2 month with it. I take it to the dealer for guarranty and told them about the squeal and they check it and say it was the pads that need to be replace as soon as posible!
First was the squeal even without braking you can hear a bit of squeal. But now its making a real ugly noise like grrrrrr or something( hard to explain ) is like metal rubbin metal :-/

· Registered
2,993 Posts
25,000 miles! But i bought it with 23000. I only have 2 month with it. I take it to the dealer for guarranty and told them about the squeal and they check it and say it was the pads that need to be replace as soon as posible!
First was the squeal even without braking you can hear a bit of squeal. But now its making a real ugly noise like grrrrrr or something( hard to explain ) is like metal rubbin metal :-/
sounds like you need to change your pads and soon dude!! You can damage the discs if you let the pads get down to the metal.

· Registered
747 Posts
Thanks!!!

nobody have some advice or can answer my questions based on own expirience or friends reference? :confused2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.