Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently built my 4b11t. I scheduled for a dyno tune and the tuner said that they could not tune it because my intake VVT is not matching the tartget. There was no CEL when i brought it to the dyno. It now has a code for running rich because I had them install my fic2150cc. That’s to be expected. My issue is During the break in period my car would cold start idle and drive fine without a base tune. Then when I turn the engine back on after driving for a while. The engine would idle rough and the rpm would jump for 300 to 800 and it sound as if it was a camed v8 but slow, after a few second it stalls out. IT drives fine while it’s in gear but soon I press the clutch or put it in neutral it starts to idle rough again then stalls out.
Rectangle Pink Font Line Slope

Mods:
-GSC s2 cams with springs and retainer
-torque solution exhaust cam gear housing
-OEM timing chain version 2
-Wiseco pistons (STD)
-Manley H-tuff steel rods
-ARP main and head studs
-Odysseyfab sidewinder turbo kit w/ 4” Maf housing
-PT 6266 Gen 2 turbo w/ T51r mod
-Radium Surge tank w/ Walbro 525LPH
-AEM 340LPH lift pump
-Radium rail, regulator and dampener
- 8an feed, 6an return fuel lines
-4bar map sensor

I just received my tactrix 2.0 cable today and I will log it as is. And see if I can post it here later.

It currently has a brand new EXH and INT VVT solenoids. I also did all blow the oil ports for the vvt

Please let me know what you guys think I should do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you ever fix this? I'm experiencing something similar but I have the mivec delete on my exhaust cam, vvt is stuck on -36. Checked wires, new sensor still same.

·
Registered
2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I fixed my intake vvt cam issue. The sensor was reading ok when I tested it with multimeter, but after I installed a new one it fixed it. I have the magnus exhaust vvt delete. Mine reads at like .3 at cold start then it goes down to .0 when hot. Double check if your angle degree is still set to 0 on the sprocket, and do you have your old sensor plug in? If not, you have to have it plugged in and just tuck it in somewhere safe. My tuner is BDalchemist and I just followed his video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts