Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Which final drive do you prefer to track your X?

• Shep Trans 4.30

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jack's 4.18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I was just looking to get some input by anyone who is tracking (auto-x, road course, time attack) their X using the 4.30 final drive.
Ive seen a bunch of forums pertaining to drag racing but not many on road racing.
I'm looking at sending out my trans to Shep here pretty soon but just trying to confirm if the final drive is really worth it since the stock gearing is so short. Looking to run around 600 whp for time attack and road course.
I feel as if the 4.18 from Jack's would be too long for my application but honestly not sure..

I've added a pole to see what you guys prefer, if you chose other please specify.

Any input/ vote is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!(y)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I will say the final drive makes a HUGE difference and is worth every penny for drag racing, road racing, freeway, etc. It makes the car so much easier too drive. Especially when you upgrade your turbo and start making more power. I'm actually going to get one this summer(4.3), its well over due.

Here's his instagram and he has tons of videos to see how big of a difference it is, and easier the car is to drive Chris Rutherford (@chrisch3m) • Instagram photos and videos

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will say the final drive makes a HUGE difference and is worth every penny for drag racing, road racing, freeway, etc. It makes the car so much easier too drive. Especially when you upgrade your turbo and start making more power. I'm actually going to get one this summer(4.3), its well over due.

Here's his instagram and he has tons of videos to see how big of a difference it is, and easier the car is to drive Chris Rutherford (@chrisch3m) • Instagram photos and videos
Thanks for the input! I’ll be running a fully built 2.0L W/ an EFR 9174 so it seems it’ll make a huge difference. I’ll check out the link you added. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh with that build and turbo, the final drive is a necessity lol. No prob man! The car in that link makes like 550HP on stock block, FAST AF.
Yeah, I kinda had a feeling LOL.
I was checking out the guys profile over the weekend and that thing is pretty sick! After watching some vids FD is an absolute MUST! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts