Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need assistance.

Basically my understanding of E85 flex tune is that there are supposed to be 10 maps on your ECU. (Correct me if i am wrong) i have heard this from other tuners as well and also the place where i got my car tuned at informed me as well/

Basically i got my car tuned for E85 Flex, when i spoken with the tuner he mentioned there will be 10 maps however when i took my car to my previous tuner he plugged his laptop into the ECU and said that he can only see two maps and not 10.

I have asked the tuner who did the flex tune and asked him why is there only 2 maps and not 10.

This is his reply

the way a full flex tune works is We do a 98 Map and a E85 Map and we have other tables and scalers to adjust for the interpolation between all maps I.e - Injector / timing and boost maps. So we make adjustments for E10, E20, E30..... it works by 10% increments. This is the only way to do Flex fuel tuning and it’s done the same way on Motec Ecu’s, Link, Haltech, Emtron Etc.

Can someone please confirm if what he says is true or not.

I thought it would be 10 maps and not the scaler, also with the scaler are they actually running the car on the dyno because they said to me they will run the car on the dyno at each 10% increment

There was another thing with the TephraV3 tune that he said was corrupted when he tried to plug his laptop in. however i wont mention is in this post

if anyone can confirm the above that will be greatly appreciated, i think i got scammed but i just need to confirm

Thank you

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi All,

I need assistance.

Basically my understanding of E85 flex tune is that there are supposed to be 10 maps on your ECU. (Correct me if i am wrong) i have heard this from other tuners as well and also the place where i got my car tuned at informed me as well/

Basically i got my car tuned for E85 Flex, when i spoken with the tuner he mentioned there will be 10 maps however when i took my car to my previous tuner he plugged his laptop into the ECU and said that he can only see two maps and not 10.

I have asked the tuner who did the flex tune and asked him why is there only 2 maps and not 10.

This is his reply

the way a full flex tune works is We do a 98 Map and a E85 Map and we have other tables and scalers to adjust for the interpolation between all maps I.e - Injector / timing and boost maps. So we make adjustments for E10, E20, E30..... it works by 10% increments. This is the only way to do Flex fuel tuning and it’s done the same way on Motec Ecu’s, Link, Haltech, Emtron Etc.

Can someone please confirm if what he says is true or not.

I thought it would be 10 maps and not the scaler, also with the scaler are they actually running the car on the dyno because they said to me they will run the car on the dyno at each 10% increment

There was another thing with the TephraV3 tune that he said was corrupted when he tried to plug his laptop in. however i wont mention is in this post

if anyone can confirm the above that will be greatly appreciated, i think i got scammed but i just need to confirm

Thank you
Like mentioned, the 10 maps option is for 10 switchable maps, if you so choose. The Flex Fuel option takes those 10 map tables and uses them for interpolation tables for the Flex tune.

You did not get scammed, this is how it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts