Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sigh...I'm afraid to admit what I get... Moderately spirited driving -> 19-20 Litres/100km. That's about 12-13mpg. LOL!!! The BEST I have EVER, EVER gotten was 12L/100km which is about 19.5-20mpg. The worst I've ever gotten was 24L/100km which equates to 9.8 or so mpg.

Oh, and one more thing, this is ALL without hitting speeds of more than 10km over the speed limit. In other words, in city doing 60km/h, etc. etc. Hahahahaha..............*cries* 94 oct. gas cost is killing me...

verkion

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
all south florida sucky older people driving....i get about 14 mpg all city driving. and i thought i was taking it easy on it. I have only been over 5k rpm's like 5 times.....I'm hopeing a tune and some bolt-ons will help with the mpg... but you know what ur getting when you buy the car. i just hope the bolt-ons and the tune will get me 20mpg city.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sigh...I'm afraid to admit what I get... Moderately spirited driving -> 19-20 Litres/100km. That's about 12-13mpg. LOL!!! The BEST I have EVER, EVER gotten was 12L/100km which is about 19.5-20mpg. The worst I've ever gotten was 24L/100km which equates to 9.8 or so mpg.

verkion
The conversion from L/100km to mi/gal always frustrates me. You've got my respect for doing it!

I'm glad gas prices have gone down here. Are they going down where you are?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stock I was seeing 14-17 MPG average city driving and 20-21 MPG highway....Ecutek reflash with stock everything and Im seeing a horrible 12-14MPG city and barely 20MPG Highway. Car still runs pig rich and sucks down gas. I was tuned by a very very reputable east coast tuner FYI. Shift points between 4.5-5K.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I shift mine pretty consistently at 3000rpm, and my long-term average is about 23.5mpg. The display will show up to 26mpg on the two-lane 55mph zones, but there's usually some traffic or a stoplight to bring down the average.

My wife shifts anywhere from 2k to 3.5k, so I know you can shift at 2k.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Let's try this math again now that I'm wide awake...
At $4.10/gal I'd have to save 146 gallons for a $600 computer to pay for itself...
In a way it's too bad gas prices are down again. That makes it much harder to justify the computer to my wife.

On the other hand, she wants power more than I do, so I know we're getting a tuned computer one day! I just have to be patient. ;)

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6462

TRIP 650kms
Averaged 10.3kmsLitre (Could not do better no matter how much I tried)
Averaged 88kms per hour
After Ecutek tune

I am averaging 12.1kms\ltr i ( although I have to sit at 110kms in 5th gear to achieve this - any higher or lower means that a drop in efficiency)
After the ecutek tune I find that sitting at 100kms/hr my rpms are at 2800. 110kms per hour is just a tad over 3000rpm.

·
Our most "special" member
1,174 Posts
Gas us SOOOO cheap right now! I wonder how long you can store gas before it goes bad? lol cause at a $1.59 I'd pay that anyday.

·
Registered
290 Posts
At $1.85/gallon for 93, i could care less at this point. It costs me ~$23 to fill up

this is true if you don't have to go every 4 days :( I seem to be averaging about 14.5 mpg city, average speed around 40mph. I got a lot of stop and go on the back roads.

I am going to try some different things to get the mileage up. About how much reserve is there in out gas tanks? it is a 14.5 gal tank total.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do about 50/50 highway and i shift around 3500 most of the time and I get about 23.0. If im a little agressive then it would be around 17.0

21 - 40 of 243 Posts