Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2011 GSR and i plan on getting HID's but i would like to have projector headlights. Is there any aftermarket ones out yet that dont cost $1000+.... so far thats all i found...they range from $1000-$1500 just for bloody headlights.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea i figured oem would be through the roof but the only headlights i can find is ones with the gay led lights in them like the audi's have...which jacks the price up. As for HID's im getting them from DDM tuning for $45. Never again will i pay $150-$200 for a kit. I have had the cheap jap $45 kits in my 370z for 1 year before i sold the car and i have had the same kit in my ZX6R for 2 years now...no issues at all. Was told my SRT-10 Ram didnt like the cheap shit so i went out and bought 2x $200 kits (1 kit for headlights and the other for fogs) Within the first month 2 ballasts blew then the plastic piece around the bulb broke so the bulb wouldnt stay in the headlights. 4 months later the 3rd ballast blew...not to mention the damn nightmare i had with the flickering due to DRL.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$800 is still to much for headlights...i've never paid more then $500 for a set (had projector w/ halo's on my Cobalt and SRT-10)....i just dont understand how tail lights for the evo cost $250-$300 but the headlights are $1000+...its bs. And no, im not putting HID's in the stock housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts