Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one help me why my evo x se is idling bad it starts good than the rpm drops to like 400rpm and jumps back up i check the fp hose its all good and tight i cant see any leaks i took it to Mitsubishi and they think its ac compressor which is definitely wrong my ac works. If anyone has any clue and knows what to do to fix this issue let me know please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it and it looks good car has all bolt ons on e85 single exhaust i would upload a video on here but i doesn’t show me that option. When i got this car about 8 months ago it had this issue with the car it was on 93 gas tune i thought it was the tune since i couldnt figure it out and i decided to do the e85 tune and the idle drop is still here. Could it be the sst? I sometimes get wierd low noise while driving, this problem is really annoying in the winter it gets more unstable

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You have still have a tune for 93? I had a dual tune using the cruise control button. And if you do a reset like unhooking the battery. it would go back to the 93 tune and idle like shit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
With a lot of intakes for this car, when the AC compressor kicks on, the condenser fan also kicks on, blowing hot air directly into the intake and it messes with the MAF sensor causing rough idle/stalling when at a stoplight. if your intake is the type with a shield (like the ETS intake) make sure the air filter is tucked as far in below the shield as possible. you might be able to have your tuner up the idle of the car when the AC fans kick on and that can help as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked it and it looks good car has all bolt ons on e85 single exhaust i would upload a video on here but i doesn’t show me that option. When i got this car about 8 months ago it had this issue with the car it was on 93 gas tune i thought it was the tune since i couldnt figure it out and i decided to do the e85 tune and the idle drop is still here. Could it be the sst? I sometimes get wierd low noise while driving, this problem is really annoying in the winter it gets more unstable
I have the same issues, except my car is stock. It may have been modified before, but as it sits now it is completely stock. I am looking into the issue and it seems to be a fuel starvation from ignition. I have assumed it was a bad fuel pump, but the more i read and ask about it, it sounds like a tune issue. some say even the stock tune is bad and rpms drop when in warm idle. does anyone have any answers or more insight about this?

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
How many miles on the vehicle? I cleaned my throttle body and did a relearn recently and it fixed my idle issue. I was thinking mine was caused by the A/C too...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have similar issue. My idle target was upped from stock to 1000 and when I just start engine it settles at 1000 with small blurbs to 1200. When I start driving, even for a short distance and make a stop (like at light) idle goes first below 1000, then drops to 500, tries to catch and from there could die any moment.

This is happening with or without A/C. FP has zip tie; Stock air intake, change MAF sensor - no difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have similar issue. My idle target was upped from stock to 1000 and when I just start engine it settles at 1000 with small blurbs to 1200. When I start driving, even for a short distance and make a stop (like at light) idle goes first below 1000, then drops to 500, tries to catch and from there could die any moment.

This is happening with or without A/C. FP has zip tie; Stock air intake, change MAF sensor - no difference.
similar issue and I just fixed it today
Clean your throttle body, use the crc intake valve cleaner for turbo cars first. You can get it at autoparts. Sounds dumb but it worked for me, tried everything else and nothing, almost thought it was the tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts