Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The car is having idle issue ! the modes are :

full exhaust system, de-cat, d/pipe, FP green, ssqv, suction kit with K&N filter, Kelford 214b cams with springs, DW 850cc injectors, walbro 255, Gspeed 3 port boost control.

Now the car been slightly tuned, but still the idle is very bad ! not stable at idle hints and will die if do not press on gas.

Now my guess is mostly the injectors not scaled properly, but maybe someone could have a better opinion.

Attaching the xml and some logs : both Idle and cruse

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Injectors could be tuned a little better. Raising your idle would help as well
Ok, but its not tuned by us ! so if you have the correct scale or voltage for them DW 850's then could give it a try.

Do you mean rising all the idle tables with 7 & 8's to let say 9 or 10 RPM in all of them ?

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
So I looked at your rom and looked at your logs. I've fixed idle issues before with a couple of tricks... but the thing is, your logs have all of 3 lines of the car idling.

Get a log of the car idling, and I may be able to help. :shades:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I looked at your rom and looked at your logs. I've fixed idle issues before with a couple of tricks... but the thing is, your logs have all of 3 lines of the car idling.

Get a log of the car idling, and I may be able to help. :shades:

Hi,

So what display exactly you want me to chose for the log ? As i have the evoscan 2.7 with mode23 JP/EU/AU Evo selected as ECU. and for how long you wanted it to last?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
You said that it idled like crap, so take a log of it idling like crap. Idle is pretty easy to replicate, so a good 5 minutes of idle log should be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You said that it idled like crap, so take a log of it idling like crap. Idle is pretty easy to replicate, so a good 5 minutes of idle log should be fine.
I went on and install back the factory injectors, thinking that it might be because of DW 850cc injectors not scaled, but even with the factory injectors back it's still the same !

So it brings it to one more thing the " kelford 214b camshaft set with matched with kelford spring ! Now I have checked the timing and it looks OK but then I think something is wrong with the way they were installed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm having issues with idle too so i would like to hear of some of the tricks you use to fix the idle.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Is your fuel pressure regulator line connected? Mine came of and a friend of mine's did the same day.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
kelford B's and tomei procams idles at stock rpm with a lope and no issues ..

only cosworths are a bitch to idle properly

·
Vendor
1,270 Posts
The cams are definitely NOT the issue. It can take a bit of effort to get an X to idle decently with cams, after market intake pulling air from engine compartment, in the summer, with the a/c cycling on and off etc. However unless you have some mechanical failure of the maf, or something like that, it is nearly 100% likely to be tune related.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far check all the vac and boost lines all OK, switched back to factory Injectors but still ! very hard to keep up at Idle with A/C on. So all left is switch back to factory cams and give it a shot. Seems like stripping out off all the modes I have purchased ! Injectors, cobb access port, and now cams and then who knows maybe later on the Air Intake !

·
Registered
170 Posts
have to tried raising idle to 1000 rpms on all of the idle maps, and putting timing to 18 for load cells 0-50 and rpm 0-1250?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts