Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bryan Mitsubishi got a Evo in Yesterday, so I went to go check it out. I got there and it was in the showroom, a Silver GSR + SSS + Aero kit. The MSRP was 37,900. I asked them how much they are selling it for and they said 38,750. They only got one so I was just checking it out. I asked them if I can Test drive it and they said No and explanation was that everybody knows about how good it is and etc. Then I asked them if they can let me hear the sound system and again said know b/c it will run the battery out. And the salesmen was telling me how it's not a everyday car and how it's just made to be pushed or something so I knew he didn't know nothing. I felt like I knew way more about the car than he did. But, check out the pics ppl....

·
Registered
775 Posts
nice pics! thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
15 miles are kinda alot mine had 7 on it.I bet someone did some joy riding in it.
Yea they did most likely. They sales ppl were sitting there watching ESPN lol.

wth they didnt let u test drive it...i woulda told the guy if iam thinking about spending 30k + on a car i better dam test drive it i dont care what the reviews say
They were all like, everybody know how EVOs are and they aren't letting ppl test drive it just buy it. Inside I was like "n***a please".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those people at the dealership are idiots.
If they knew anything about the people who buy evos they wouldn't waste their time putting that f*cking Bryan sticker on the car.

Also, it's pretty normal for them not to let people test drive evolutions. You have to show them that you're gonna buy the car before they'll let you do it. Otherwise you'd have every 16 year old douchebag trying to test drive them and people that bought them would end up buying cars with hundreds of miles on them.

I didn't even bother test driving my car...it had 6 miles on it and I had driven a few evos before. First time I drove it was off the lot for good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't even bother test driving my car...it had 6 miles on it and I had driven a few evos before. First time I drove it was off the lot for good.
Yup, never driven one and the first time I do I'll be driving off the lot here in St. Louis. Taking delivery of a phantom black SSS GSR Feb. 18th.

:uzi:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Riz5, thanks for those high res pics. What did you think of it when you saw it in person?
Well, I guess it was how I expected it to look. I had all that anticipation built up in me and when I saw it, I was not unhappy at all. I like the interior of the car alot even though they have a few cheap things in there. The aero kit, well not that big of a fan of it but it's not bad. The trunk space was wayy too small, I think even a midget won't fit in there. Overall, impressed, just how I thought it should be. The front is agressive and the seats are good. Im def getting one. But not from them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
By the time I actually go to buy one of these cars I will be 33 years old, if a dealer honestly thinks that I will spend nearly $40K on a car without a test drive, they are crazy. Should they actually not allow me a test run, I will gladly drive to the dealer in a new Sti and give them the F-U. I was already told that I could test drive an Sti as soon as a local dealer gets one in. These companies need to use their heads a little more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.