Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm currently 500 miles into the engine break in process, and I've been thinking about the tune as we get closer to completion. That being said, this is a high horsepower build, but I also don't want to drive it around at full tilt all the time. The power goal here is 700whp on e85 and the target boost is 35-40psi. It still has the stock ECU at the moment. I would like to limit power output to around 400whp for standard road driving. Hot swap to 700whp option would be preferable for ease of use but it is by no means a requirement. I live in Austin, Texas and we have e85 pretty much all year round. If you want/need the specs of the build DM me.

Here are a few of the suggestions I've received so far:
1. Electronic Boost Controller (eg. GReddy PRofec) [Seems promising but I don't really know much about it]
2. Manual Boost Controller
3. Tephra Tune with multiple maps (low/high boost, 93/e85 maps) [I would however, lose the flex fuel ability]
4. Flex fuel tune and just run 93 to limit power
5. Two flex fuel tunes (low/high boost), and use a Tatrix cable to reflash
6. Aftermarket ECU
7. I also had someone recommend I use the foot mod (don't press the pedal so hard) -_-

What's been your experience with setups like this? Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Questions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I do this now on my 700whp car. I have option 3. I have 5 total maps. You also can use NLTS since it doesn't work with flex fuel.

0 Pump gas wastegate pressure only - I only ran this once recently to clean out my fuel system, didn't even go WOT
1 E85 WG pressure only 24psi and about 2 degrees of lowering timing makes ~480whp/360wtq. Good for backroads
2 31psi boost low 600whp, mostly cruise around on this with occasional pulls since it still feels great
3 32psi 670whp most races I run this I trapped 130mph on stock gearing with this tune
4 33psi+ 700whp if I think its going to be close and I want that extra oomph, it maxes out my fuel system so I dont really ever run it sub 50 degree weather

I also have a E% gauge so I can make sure I get a good batch of E85 and don't need to worry about flex.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Why not just not hammer on it all the time and control power with your foot?

Seems to be the reasonable response here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From everything I've heard, it sounds like a multi-map Tephra tune is gonna be the way to go on this one.

@mikelbring Agreed. You understand my struggle. lol #WOT
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give Chag a call once the engine is broken in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts