Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to posting in the forums but read here basically every week about something new. So let's get to it about my 4b11t in the Evo X.
I haven't take the head off but I plan to just pull the motor and trans all at once. Strip the whole thing apart. Wouldn't be the first time I've done this and I'm not doing it without help of a good shop foreman friend of mine. So I think I blew a valve more then likely and its not the first time I've replaced exhaust valves.
Let's get to my current build list. 4b11t with stock exhaust mani 20g 11 blade kinugawa turbo rated for around 400whp. 1050cc id injectors walbro 450 fuel pump ams fuel rail ets upper and lower intercooler piping. 4in intercooler rated for 700whp. Full turboback exhaust its a straight pipe kit I dont remember the name of but I will be chopping it from a dual setup to a single. Has only one resonator each tip basically but sounds pretty great. Stock clutch thats getting changed. No catch can yet but planning on it. Running e85 map and also have a 93 map I havnt touched in s very long time ive been tuned on the setup for over a year. Last mod was intercooler and without tuning caused the obvious mishap.

NOW HERES WHAT IM ASKING FOR!! HOW TO BUILD BUT BUDGET BUILD A STROKER 4B11T now I know I'm going to need to get nicely balanced pistons and rods setup. Someone mentioned in a different forum doing a 4g64 crank which im not sure if that was for a 4b11t but im interested knowing more about that. What set up do you think would be best for budget in mine ive heard of people doing these setups for 1500 but I know ive gotta be realistic im thinking anywhere from 2500 to 3k atleast for the bottom end build and if im lucky to honestly get back on the road im looking at atleast 4k. I need to get again another head gasket I was using a cosworth 1.1 mm I believe and it was great I had ferrea valve springs and retainers which im not sure exactly what specs im going to need for these parts to match this new stroker so any help matching up parts and keeping budget in mind to get anywhere from the stock 2.0l to 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 I dont really see my self building for over a 650whp motor but id love to keep my car in the 500whp and 500wtq range

Mods I know I need:
Pistons
Rods
Piston rings
Bearing
Crank of our choosing
Head studs once again cus im really not sure if we're able to reuse the arp head studs i have now.
Ferrea valve train
Havnt changed the timing chain so everything to do that
Havnt changed the clutch so a decent budget but reliable clutch for what im looking for
Probably injectors sized somewhere around 1650 im on e85 and sticking to it
If I have to id do a dual fuel pump setup but ive heard alot of people saying the 450 is pretty much all I will need. If you can think of things to add to the list then let's start shopping lol remember budget in mind.

So stroker kit + head rebuild basically + clutch + injectors + evo 8 rear-end i heard was more mechanical and what im looking at. Anything ideas would be great help. Pic for attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn not a single person in this forum can help with suggestions I guess what ill do is do a 10.0.1 compression cp pistons manley rods block sleeves stay 2.0 go with the kinugawa 25g 11 blade 3in anti surge keep the boost around 30psi and send it rebuild my top end and if anything when I send it to the machine shop have them port and polish it up nicely. Done deal staying 2.0 not enough 4b11t's with knowledge on how to go with a nice budget stroker but plenty of rg63 guys using stock crank and all.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
forum traffic/activity has sharply dropped and died off several years ago with FB groups etc...

Sounds like you know what you want, I'd run OEM crank (have it micropolished and balanced, etc), stay 2.0 but I would also have a set of Darton MID sleeved installed. Manley turbotuff rods are good, I'd stick with I-beams, CP pistons are good too. honestly you have plans for how my build turned out: 2010 Evo X GSR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stick a 4B12 shortblock in there... done. Send it.

If you're worried about it, throw some forged rods/pistons at it... but spending umpteen million dollars on a stroker kit that will get you +1mm over the stock 4B12 crank/bore is dumb. Pretty sure the 4B12 uses the same length rods as the 4B11, too, just shorter pistons... so rods should be readily available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts