- AEM Air Intake
- FIC 1200cc Injectors

- Plazaman Hotside Pipe
- MAP Exhaust Manifold
- GT Pump 712 Turbo
- Tomei Expreme Dump Pipe
- High Flow Cat 100cell
- Tune

My question is how much power should i expect from the mods. I will be getting them done next week and just curious.

Thanks again for your input

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you run E85, you should be able to make 300Kw on that turbo. With those mods, a larger intercooler and hard piping should be on your to-do list but you can get by without one for a while if it's not in your budget.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

i would like to go E85 however the tuner said i will need a new clutch as stock clutch will slip,

so thats putting me off getting E85.

i will post the result next week

Thanks again

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks,

i would like to go E85 however the tuner said i will need a new clutch as stock clutch will slip,

so thats putting me off getting E85.

i will post the result next week

Thanks again

Nah, it just depends on the clutchs health. I know a lot of people 500whp+ on stock clutch. Not launching preserves its health.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, it just depends on the clutchs health. I know a lot of people 500whp+ on stock clutch. Not launching preserves its health.

Thanks for the reply, i will just do the above mods this time around and see what i get, if around 250kw mark then i might go E85 flex.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Odd, I'm making the same with an AEM CAI and AMS STX300 e-tune, everything else bone-stock and on 91Octane.

Who did the tune? Do you have other options. Great parts, not exactly great results.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Odd, I'm making the same with an AEM CAI and AMS STX300 e-tune, everything else bone-stock and on 91Octane.

Who did the tune? Do you have other options. Great parts, not exactly great results.
I agree, and would have expected better numbers. I was making 390whp (mustang dyno) with e85, OEM downpipe/manifold and stock turbo. I know you aren't on e85, but you did upgrade your turbo. Could have been an incredibly low reading dyno, but I would probably be looking for another tuner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

ye im pretty gutted at the low results,

I got my car tuned at IS Motor Racing in NSW (Australia) he is a well known tuner for Evo's.

I have asked another tuner and he said i would get around 230 - 240kw from all the parts including tune and which it turned out correct as i got 234kw

i have also looked at other modded EvoX with similar mods (In Australia) and they are making approx 10 -15kw more which is not much.

however on Evo X Forums, there are so many people that are claiming approx 270kw plus with stock turbo and most of these people i assume are from USA, i assume you are in the USA as well since you use 91 Octane, we in Australia use 98 Octane for Performance Cars.

Im not sure if its the fuel that USA uses that can give better power or what

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi

ye im pretty gutted at the low results,

I got my car tuned at IS Motor Racing in NSW (Australia) he is a well known tuner for Evo's.

I have asked another tuner and he said i would get around 230 - 240kw from all the parts including tune and which it turned out correct as i got 234kw

i have also looked at other modded EvoX with similar mods (In Australia) and they are making approx 10 -15kw more which is not much.

however on Evo X Forums, there are so many people that are claiming approx 270kw plus with stock turbo and most of these people i assume are from USA, i assume you are in the USA as well since you use 91 Octane, we in Australia use 98 Octane for Performance Cars.

Im not sure if its the fuel that USA uses that can give better power or what
98 RON in Australia is approx equivalent to 91-93 ish Octane in the US.

We use a different Octane rating system which is RON+MON/2

·
Registered
22 Posts
On pump with stock turbo, the limit is basically 350whp dynojet no matter how many bolt ons you have.... There's really not much else to squeeze out without using e85. I wouldn't expect you to break 260kw without turbo upgrade. With turbo upgrade? Should be much higher.

Your dyno sheet is quite wavy once your boost builds. Did you boost leak test? I would look there first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On pump with stock turbo, the limit is basically 350whp dynojet no matter how many bolt ons you have.... There's really not much else to squeeze out without using e85. I wouldn't expect you to break 260kw without turbo upgrade. With turbo upgrade? Should be much higher.

Your dyno sheet is quite wavy once your boost builds. Did you boost leak test? I would look there first.

I would be happy with 350whp without turbo.

However i have aftermarket turbo GT Pump 712 and am getting 234kw only.

I took my car and showed the dyno sheet to another tuner and he test drove the car and said its pretty bad and i should have gotten more power.

I am going to get it retuned

will post result next week when i get the car back

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the car retuned, for anyone interested.

244kw on 98 Octane
274kw on E85

i believe he said on 24 PSI

Those are the results

1 - 20 of 22 Posts