Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
When I accelerate and let off the gas, there seems to be about maybe 5 seconds or longer of the rpms holding, and not decelerating. On my wideband the numbers will take a while before it hits "---"
Could it be clutch issue?

08' X MR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jeff Evans in his EvoX tuning videos says to set some of your Fuel Compensation first column values to about ~20 (aka 20% fuel) to stop rev hang on throttle off. buy his tuning guide video for $49USD a month for all Evo Tuning videos. he explains it in there.

I find it hard to believe it is a clutch issue, but can you rule that out in 10 seconds, by just driving, and then shift to Neutral (clutches off), even lightly touching the brake pedal will open the clutches.
clutches are open when foot is on the brake. it is a mandated safety thing so that if your cars throttle drive by wire gets stuck on full throttle, you can save your car and occupants using the brake pedal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As hamish said, Its hard to believe it is a clutch issue. My RA used to do it really bad. I can also say that Jeff Evans course is great and well Worth it.

IF your tunner says its not a tune issue you might need a new tuner....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts