Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having placed a deposit on a 10 in the UK I get regular updates from CCC. Today they have canvassed all the people who have placed a deposit to find out what colour and transmission they are likely to order once details are confirmed.

Firstly they have dropped the grey metallic from the UK list and replaced it with black, I really wanted grey as well!

Secondly here in the UK we get FQ upgrades, however none are planned for the auto transmission.

So it looks like it will be black with manual transmission for me.

The confirmed colours are now, red, white, blue, silver and black.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Really? Wonder why no FQ on the SST box? Hmm. I've been debating over manual vs SST for some time, but the fact that they won't do FQs on the SST worries me a little bit.

Man, you guys are lucky to get your FQs. OTOH, they do make you pay for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Wonder why no FQ on the SST box? Hmm. I've been debating over manual vs SST for some time, but the fact that they won't do FQs on the SST worries me a little bit.

They sure do, usually works out at £2k to £3k for each increment in power band which is worth an extra 20bhp each time.

·
Badass Navy SEAL
88 Posts
I forget what the "FQ" stands for, but FQs are essentially factory tuned evos. The number following the "FQ" denotes it's horsepower rating. (ie, FQ300, FQ400, etc).
FQ stands for "Fucking Quick"...no shit!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts

I would speculate and say that because they give a full warranty on the U.K FQ Evos, they're not modding SST examples for 'caution' sakes, just in case they develop problems as uprated or tuned VW Gti's with DSG's have had in the past....??

Most VW tuners will have a lower spec power and torque upgrade for the DSG equipped vehicles.

But I also believe that the Mitsubishi SST will be strong enough to handle some serious power hikes !

Only time will tell, there will be a plethora of people and tuning shops doing mods on these cars as time goes by - I'm sure the SST will benifit in a big way too :)

I'm sticking to the SST for sure if I purchase an X :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, Europe only, AFAIK. Not sure why.
They are only available in the UK and the work is undertaken by the official Mitsubishi inporter CCC (Colt Car Company). The FQ (F**king Quick) comes in 4 states of tune:-

FQ300 (As it comes from the factory)
FQ320 (Super Dragger Back Box, Super Air Filter and intercooler hard pipes)
FQ340 (As FQ320 but ECU reprogramming too)
FQ360 (As per FQ340 and upgraded fuel pump)

All are covered under 3 year warrenty with approval from Mitsubishi.

The FQ400 was only available on the 8 MR and had major engine mods, better brakes and a bigger turbo. It was slated a little in the UK for its huge lag and the FQ320 was preferred. The current Evo 9 FQ360 is seen as a better all rounder to the FQ400 and with the 9 MR FQ360 being the best of all (IMHO)

Rumour has it that the auto version of the 10 will only have 295bhp but the manual version will also get a FQ320 and FQ360, but we shall see!

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
They are only available in the UK and the work is undertaken by the official Mitsubishi inporter CCC (Colt Car Company). The FQ (F**king Quick) comes in 4 states of tune:-

FQ300 (As it comes from the factory)
FQ320 (Super Dragger Back Box, Super Air Filter and intercooler hard pipes)
FQ340 (As FQ320 but ECU reprogramming too)
FQ360 (As per FQ340 and upgraded fuel pump)

All are covered under 3 year warrenty with approval from Mitsubishi.

The FQ400 was only available on the 8 MR and had major engine mods, better brakes and a bigger turbo. It was slated a little in the UK for its huge lag and the FQ320 was preferred. The current Evo 9 FQ360 is seen as a better all rounder to the FQ400 and with the 9 MR FQ360 being the best of all (IMHO)

Rumour has it that the auto version of the 10 will only have 295bhp but the manual version will also get a FQ320 and FQ360, but we shall see!

Nice post. I never knew the exact break down. Do you happen to know the price jumps between each level?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hopefully the SST equipped variants can handle a good power upgrade :)
The power upgrades will come to the manual EVO X first because its more readily achievable and easier to do , and the percieved demand is there .

Depending on the number of sales and the demand for the SST aftermarket crowds will not want to miss out on the $$$$$ so i am certain they will attempt to increase its power eventually .

Remember the first white man who ventured out in to the Wild west , it was only when a few came back with Arrows in their back , that some wise old man said hey ,theres Indians out there .:uzi: ( in other words be patient power upgrades are allways available down the track )

Michael

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.