Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 15 evo with a high flow cat, cat back exhaust, ets intake and a bov. According to my Cobb when I do a pull from a dog I am hitting 27-30 psi. What do I need to check to stop over boosting?

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's probably the tune. Most custom tunes spike to 27-28psi and taper back down to 25psi on the stock turbo. You shouldn't have boost creep on your setup and a proper tune should be able to control it. If you have the stock boost control solenoid you should get a 3-port when you get a custom tune done too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I found out my wastegate was sticking sometimes and I was hitting upwards of 33psi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably the tune. Most custom tunes spike to 27-28psi and taper back down to 25psi on the stock turbo. You shouldn't have boost creep on your setup and a proper tune should be able to control it. If you have the stock boost control solenoid you should get a 3-port when you get a custom tune done too.
Well it’s just and off the shelf from cobb, just the stage 1 93

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge? Or just going by what the AP says? I haven't had an AP in forever, but I believe the "boost" it shows is not always your actual boost. It can be off several psi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a boost gauge? Or just going by what the AP says? I haven't had an AP in forever, but I believe the "boost" it shows is not always your actual boost. It can be off several psi
It is through the AP I am getting a boost gauge though so hopefully that’s the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts