Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing my UICP,FMIC, LICP, EVO X BPV, and Injen CAI (have had it on for over 3 months) and ive driven it maybe 100 miles (thats with tranny and oil change done approx the same time) and ive noticed i get better mpg. Anyone care to input their 2 cents?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Now get a tune and you will get even better mileage and alot more power.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im such a newb when it comes to a tune all i know is cobb opensource and shit like that but yea thats one thing i will be doing after doing more hw

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You should get a TBE exhaust and a EBC before you get a tune. That should be all you need usless your upgrading your turbo.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well all of your other mod are pretty useless unless you put a less restrictive exhaust on. And how is exhaust ricey? They make quiet exhaust with normal size tailpipes.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My post was about your mods.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anything that increases airflow is going to let the engine breath better and create less resistance... Hence the better gas mileage. If you google K&N filter you'll see that people buy them just to increase gas mileage. Because they use oil to catch the debris rather then over-doing the restrictive paper.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My post was about your mods.
No one asked about your opinions, about my mods, my asking about opinions was towards my MPG and my upgrades
Anything that increases airflow is going to let the engine breath better and create less resistance... Hence the better gas mileage. If you google K&N filter you'll see that people buy them just to increase gas mileage. Because they use oil to catch the debris rather then over-doing the restrictive paper.
True that but also heard everywhere about using up more gas because more air flow. Damn engine AFR is confusing. I hope im not leaning my engine and hope a tune is done soon :(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hey why dont you quit being such a smart ass bitch!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
And I'll say whatever I want about your mods.

·
Registered
287 Posts
True that but also heard everywhere about using up more gas because more air flow. Damn engine AFR is confusing. I hope im not leaning my engine and hope a tune is done soon :(
I'm sure the ECU compensates.... it will adjust... I don't think a tune fixes the AFR at cruise loads ... I don't think it looks at the maps at cruise cause it creates a closed loop... Could be wrong.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure the ECU compensates.... it will adjust... I don't think a tune fixes the AFR at cruise loads ... I don't think it looks at the maps at cruise cause it creates a closed loop... Could be wrong.
i thought so, hmmm ok i guess ill just leave it as is for the time being:coffee:

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
trying to get your post count up? how is this relevant to this thread? but thanks for noticing :+1:
Yah...like a post count matters?! lmao Like we get money for the amount of posts we have! hahaha Wowzaaaaaz...

If you really want to be nit picky, someone could have had just told you to search the forums because your thread topic was covered already. If you want people to help you, maybe you should adjust the way you project yourself. Otherwise....

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
can't comment on your topic (only have an uicp and the more mods I get the more I drive wot so gas milliage has gone down with each mod lol as I get excited to "use" the newly added power)...but btw there are many threads about people making good power with stock exhaust, so while there are gains with a full turboback -on the stock turbo you can make pretty good power with stock exhaust...could get just a highflow cat if you dont want to change out your stock catback...anyway nice to know your mods have yielded better mpg...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.