Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I ended up with MSRP. I was ok with that. The dealership had a 5K markup, but I think I was fairly adamant about my desire to not get screwed over.

Basically, just go in with a price and be willing to walk out if they won't move. Of course, the price has to be reasonable. I was willing to pay MSRP, since getting invoice pricing for a Canadian Evo was fairly unlikely.

Go with a friend. Tag team them.

(On the other hand, I still got screwed over, since the Canadian Evo is ridiculously overpriced compared to the US. I built a completely fully loaded EvoX, with EVERY available option on the US website, for about the same price as my base GSR)

·
Registered
949 Posts
I paid a little over MSRP, but got a lot of extras added on to the car. Things like leather, interior protection (for the leather), free oil changes for life, and some other things.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The shift boot isnt even leather man. In stock form, you get no leather, not even as an option. However, as an aftermarket option, I had custom leather put in for the door panels, center console, seats, and I made my own shift boot. You can see pictures in the vanity section, and in the How To section on how to make a shift boot.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
Check out Orland Park Luxury Motors, they're selling evo's for 3-4k under MSRP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The shift boot isnt even leather man. In stock form, you get no leather, not even as an option. However, as an aftermarket option, I had custom leather put in for the door panels, center console, seats, and I made my own shift boot. You can see pictures in the vanity section, and in the How To section on how to make a shift boot.
When I make up my mind between the GSR and MR, I also plan to upgrade the interior...I plan to have Alcantera a/k/a faux seude added to the door panels and headliner...

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I paid 1k Under MSRP. Not the greatest deal consider they are no selling well here
In my area. but free oil change and basic maintenance every 3000 mile for as long as
I own it, Every 3kmile because where I live its consider as extreme condition. I dont know what it cost at the dealership. But i know it cost me about $40 to do it myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have them match the southern california evo prices. The so. cal mitsu dealers dropped the price below invoice this month, I wish I waited a week to see that before I bought.. Would have saved about 1k. I read somewhere on here the so. cal dealers will even ship your car anywhere in the US.

I just came from there just browsing around. I heard they were selling 3k over invoice! What's your secret?

·
Registered
71 Posts
paid msrp first day available in Ohio

I ended paying MSRP first day they arrived here but dealer had a 3K markup.

Not sure if this is a repost but thought the below figures may help anyone bargaining with dealers so here's what dealers pay:

Standard GSR: $31,092.82
SSS Package: $1,750.00
Premium Paint (Phamtom Black): $219.00
NAV Package: $1,675.00
Aero Kit: $1,499.00
Aero Kit Base GSR: $1,590.00
Wheel Locks: $28.00
Interior Sport Package: $280.00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended paying MSRP first day they arrived here but dealer had a 3K markup.

Not sure if this is a repost but thought the below figures may help anyone bargaining with dealers so here's what dealers pay:

Standard GSR: $31,092.82
SSS Package: $1,750.00
Premium Paint (Phamtom Black): $219.00
NAV Package: $1,675.00
Aero Kit: $1,499.00
Aero Kit Base GSR: $1,590.00
Wheel Locks: $28.00
Interior Sport Package: $280.00
thanks that helps a lot

·
[Bone Closet Mod], [Marketplace Mod]
1,851 Posts
GSR Base :mitsu:
MSRP $33,655
$30589
GSR SSS :mitsu:
MSRP $35,655
$32,239
Factory Installed Navi Add MSRP $1,999
$1,675
Factory Installed Aero Add MSRP $1,999
$1,590
Factory Installed Interior Sport Kit Add $399.00
$280.00
Factory Installed Wind Deflector Add $85.00
$62.00
Please remember, it costs less to have these accessories installed at the factory.
We have a huge goal and going to get very aggresive this month!!!!
We are paying top $$$$ for trades.

Please dont forget.........
Loyalty Rebate $500
College Grad Rebate $500
Military Rebate$500

****All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge.**Prices are subject to change without prior notice.**
And yes they will ship for $500... best prices I've seen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.