Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

EVO X pricing at dealership in Indianapolis

11K views 105 replies 21 participants last post by  soopah 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've been calling dealerships around the country to get an EVO X for the new shop car and it seems that most, if not all, EVO X's coming into to dealerships between January and February all have some sort of extra packages on them and that each dealership will only be recieving one X in January and one in February and so on. So I called this Mitsubishi Dealership IN. I asked if they were still taking pre-orders and he said yes. So I asked if he had any idea on the pricing for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black. He asked his manager and said they are not giving exact prices, but for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black the msrp will be no less than $30,999 and no more than $31,999!
Happy shopping,

-Nick-

#4 ·
Good luck getting invoice with this car, but I will back up your right to ask for a lower price! You need to find a dealer who, at the end of the model year, has three Evo's sitting on his lot for more than a couple months.

kmxxxbadboy, we need the real MSRP prices NOW!

#6 ·
Then you would have to pay extra to have it transported to you. So it depends on the total amount you will save and if this is enough for you not to buy from your local dealer. Of course, you could make a vacation out of it and actually fly in, take delivery, then drive home. I don't think you are going to get deals better than MSRP in the first six months of this car's introduction, so this is a pointless exercise.

#7 ·
Then you would have to pay extra to have it transported to you. So it depends on the total amount you will save and if this is enough for you not to buy from your local dealer. Of course, you could make a vacation out of it and actually fly in, take delivery, then drive home. I don't think you are going to get deals better than MSRP in the first six months of this cars introduction, so this is a pointless exercise.

yeah i just wonder. and if there is some issue it's hard to communicate and better to just drop in my local dealer.

#9 ·
2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR w/ no options: $30,999 - $31,999 msrp guaranteed. You can pick whichever color you wish as well. As for buying the car for invoice, I highly doubt that will be attainable for at least another 6-10 months.

I will be getting the car in mid February and they said I will recieve the exact price 1 week before it gets shipped out. Then its time to make her go faster ;)

#10 ·
Black is not a color option for the GSR, AFAIK.

Welcome to the forums, DB. Just a side note though: I have to edit your posts to remove contact information for the dealer you're getting your car through. We don't allow advertising or referrals on this forum unless they have been approved.

#15 ·
I just called corporate in Cypress, CA for this info.

A few things:

1) Official MSRP pricing has not been released to ANYONE. The $31,995 MSRP pricing that has been listed on here is fake, according to MMNA corporate office. The base Evo IX was priced at above $32k and, as with most retail items over time, especially with this much technological advancement, the price goes up, not down.
2) There is no official listing of a black color for the GSR. When we built our cars, the black color was not available for the GSR model.
3) I have yet to get a PM as to what dealership this is.

For the reasons above, I believe the information provided is a straight out lie. It's truly no wonder why dealers get a reputation of lying to their customers. It's dealerships like this one in Indianapolis that fester such distrust and I'm sickened to even be associated with them.

#18 ·
I write back and respond when I have concrete information to base an answer off. As for your PM, I am still waiting for an answer from my General Manager. As we do not know what the pricing is on the new Evo, I cannot neccessarily give anyone an answer on what MSRP is. I won't even speculate at this moment about 'ballpark' because it can be argued that even if I am a red cent off, I would be considered a liar. Therefore, I will wait until pricing comes out before I make a statement.

#19 ·
I won't even speculate at this moment about 'ballpark' because it can be argued that even if I am a red cent off, I would be considered a liar. Therefore, I will wait until pricing comes out before I make a statement.
+1 (though I wouldn't be so dramatic about it)

We need Mitsubishi Motors North America and Mitsubishi Motors Canada to give us the straight goods. No sense asking the dealers to guess. We are just fishing to see if the information is already out there from the corporate overlords. If it isn't we will just have to wait until someone scoops the pricing news!

#27 ·
Thank you, Nick, for the PM. I will be checking this dealership's allocation on Friday after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Nick, I hope you don't take what I said the wrong way. In no way was I pointing the finger at you and crying 'liar, liar'. I am on the Mitsubishi Dealer Link on a daily basis always keeping an eye out for updates. The Dealer Link is for managerial staff at the dealership and salespeople do not have access to it unless they are logged-in by a manager. If what your salesperson said accurately reflected what was on the MDL, I would have no issue whatsoever. The reason I am so fervent about what you heard from your salesperson is because releasing false information to a customer such as yourself who is stoked about the new Evo only proliferates comments about untrustworthy car dealers. As a sales manager, if I found out that one of my salespeople was blatantly lying to a customer, they would be packing their boxes. I don't know how that dealership runs their business, but I consider the EvoXForums.com bulletin board a little piece of home away from home and I just don't want to see the good people on here given the wrong info.

When the numbers are fully released, rest assured that I will post them with earnest. I may be opinionated and somewhat passionate about my line of work, but it is the same passion and dedication that I have for my own Mitsubishi that drives me to be that way.

That and somebody decided to crash their H3 into two of my Eclipses on the lot today.

#28 ·
most just really dont know what really color they are.if they see it almost black they say its black.when i first bought a 4g eclipse the guy called a bright silver "white".but i do understand what you mean kmx.what is the darkest color available for these cars.

#30 ·
Just checked that Indiana dealer's pre-ship order. They have one A11 GSR coming in. The color is Apex Silver. It is equipped with Accessory Navigation, Accessory Aero Kit, Window Wind Deflectors and a Cargo Organizer.

Vehicle Order # SA71105731

They have no other vehicles on pre-order.

#34 ·
Unfortunately my Dealerlink does not allow me to search outside my region (North East Regional) and it just so happened that the Indiana dealer is right on the outer skirts of our region, so it was OK for me to check.

Here's a funny tidbit. They usually have pricing next to the car on order. But for the Lancer Evolution Xs, it read: MSRP 259,213.

When did we reach Ferrari pricing levels??? LoL.

Seems like they are masking the MSRP on all levels until the official pricing release.

#37 ·
Wow then they lied to me too, they said they had a base silver GSR (A00) and they said they had a black GSR coming in on February 19th. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up but im pissed now. I honestly thought the guy was telling me the truth considering he wanted me to come in asap to put money down for a black GSR....

But thanks KMXxBadboy for gettin the truth out of those bast***s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.